If you are tired of messing around with that crummy pair of in-ear headphones that keeps on falling out of your ears no matter how much you try and adjust them, than it is time for a change. The Nue Era headphones by Polk may take some time getting the hang of since they are not your run of the mill fall-out-of-your-ears-with-the-slightest-movement kind of headphones. With their unique design and tried and true sound technology housed inside, you may find the perfect combination of sound and comfort each time you put them in your ears.
Main features and specifications:
- Cable Length: 48
- In-line 3-button control with built-in mic
- Includes three pairs of silicone ear tips, two pairs of 3-flange silicone ear tips and two pairs of memory foam ear tips
- Max Sensitivity: 101.2 dB
- Actual Impedance: 16 ohms
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz À 14 kHz
- Diameter: 5.5mm
- Input: Gold-plated 3.5mm mini jack
- Available in black/silver or tortoiseshell/gold
- One year warranty
What We Liked:
- Unique In-Ear Fit: The earpieces of the Nue Era's are uniquely designed so that the tip of each earpiece actually fits nicely inside the ear and can even be tucked behind your outer earlobe. In simple terms, these headphones actually stay inside your ears. With an almond shape and very lightweight build, they do not add a lot of extra bulk while they are plugged into your ears so all you hear is your music or that important work call. After trying these out for a couple of weeks, we only ran into a couple of times that we had to adjust them once they were in our ears, otherwise we never had to mess with them once they were in.
- Not One Size Fits All: You get a variety of ear tips with the Nue Era's so you can try out and adjust them to get the fit that is right for your actual ear size and shaping. You get seven pairs in total, three pairs are made from the typical rounded silicone, two pairs of the 3-flange silicone tips in two sizes, as well as two pairs of moldable memory foam tips. Each of the ear tips we tried out were very easy to get on and off, unlike so many in-ear headphones we have tried out in the past where it is nearly impossible to get the tips to fit back onto the headphones once they are taken off. We also appreciated that each earpiece is labeled right and left so there is no confusion when putting them on.
- Crisp Sound: Once we had these headphones in, listening to music was a pleasure and sound range was super crisp and clear with each song. The Nue Era's really prove themselves when it comes to high tones and mid ranges, which sound nearly perfect through these headphones. Bass tones and range were there too, they just did not seem as well represented and the depth was not as strong as we would have liked and expected. The overall sound was vibrant and strong which made listening to our songs and talking on the phone a pleasant experience every time.
- In-Line Control & Mic: The in-line control on the cable was easy to navigate with its flat three-button design. The outer buttons can be pushed once to control volume up and down, while the center button controls answer/end for calls as well as play/pause for music with one push, track forward with two pushes and track back with three pushes. Call quality was good on both ends, although we did find that one of the cases we use on our iPhone 4S got in the way of the 3.5mm jack, so we had to remove it when using these headphones to get the best connection. You do not have to mess around with a tangled or unruly cable either thanks to an ultra thin cable design, soft finish and tiny attached silicone clip so you can pin the cables together and out of the way when you need to.
- Price Of Quality: At around $80, the Nue Era's are definitely not the cheapest set of headphones on the market but they are built to surpass most of those other headphones in just quality alone. The box also includes a cotton case to keep them protected and store the ear tips of your choice as well.
What We Didn't Like:
- Sound Depth: The sound produced by the Nue Era's is detailed, but not as rich and deep as we would have liked. The bass was there but the sound depth seemed to lose richness when the volume was turned up to higher volumes and minimal static feedback interfered with tone clarity. These headphones really shine though when it comes to mid and high tone range so we were able to overlook the lack of bass definition.
- Fit Factor: Smaller ears may feel the pinch a little more with these headphones since the smallest set of each ear tip was not quite small enough even for our ears. We were able to get a pretty comfortable fit out of the smallest rounded silicone tips but were not able to get a good fit out of any of the other styles since they were way too large for our ears. A couple extra sets of smaller tips would easily fix this problem.
Once you find a really good set of headphones, you tend to keep them with you at all times and the Nue Era's may very well be that set you have been searching for. With stellar sound quality and a unique design, these headphones definitely stand out from the rest and whether we were taking a call or listening to our favorite tunes we enjoyed putting these headphones in. No worries about them falling out or dealing with annoying cable feedback at the slightest touch since these were non-issues. Although we would have appreciated a couple extra pairs of smaller ear tips, we were still able to still get a comfortable fit with one of the pairs provided making the Nue Era's the set of headphones we took along everywhere we went.
Our Score: 4 out of 5
(Click pictures to go to gallery)
This Deal is provided by our partner Tech Bargains at www.techbargains.com
Disclaimer: The Black Friday deal information given above is without warranties on accuracy and availability. Black Friday deals tend to sell out very quickly and as retailer only keep low inventories for doorbuster deals.
Polk Nue Era In-Ear Headphone Review