OQO launches a new OQO Model 02 UMPC.
OQO is now fully on the UMPC marketing bandwagon. OQO pioneered PDA sized Windows XP computers back in 2002.
Bill Gates actually demoed the OQO 02 during his keynote yesterday.
The new OQO 02 runs on VIA's new C7M chip and will run Windows Vista with Origami Experience.
EV-DO, Wi-fi and Bluetooth and a HDMI port are examples of the OQO 02 connectivity (More features below).
OQO will feature integrated mobile broadband capabilities via the Sprint Power Vision Network in their new OQO UMPC.The OQO 02 comes in different configurations.
Dynamism offers a OQO Model 02 for pre-order for $1,599.00. The OQO 02 is expected to ship mid-February. See also the OQO site.
OQO Model 02 Features:
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs
Don't Miss: Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need To Know
- 1.5GHz VIA C7M ULV processor (also available with 1.2GHz)
- 60GB hard drive, shock-mounted with active drop detection (also available with 30GB)
- 1GB DDR2 SDRAM (also available with 512MB)
- Dimensions: 5.6" x 3.3" x 1.0"
- Weight: 1.0 lb
- 5" indoor/outdoor readable display (800 X 480 native; interpolated up to 1200 x 720)
- HDMI output for connectivity to HDTV displays and DVI monitors up to 1920 x 1200
- VGA output through bundled VGA/Ethernet adapter for analog monitors up to 1920 x 1200
- DisplaySense™ for detection and recall of external display settings
- Ergonomic thumb keyboard with SmartLock™ modifier keys, mouse buttons and Integrated track stick pointing device
- Integrated capacitive TouchScrollers™ for horizontal and vertical scrolling
- Embedded EV-DO WWAN (optional) for Sprint
- Integrated WiFi 802.11a/b/g
- Bluetooth® 2.0 wireless with EDR and A2DP support
- USB 2.0 port
- Audio out / line-in port
- Integrated active digitizer with optional digital pen (standard with Tablet PC Edition)
- Removable lithium ion polymer battery (available in standard and double capacity)
- Battery life up to six hours with double capacity battery
- Embedded hardware AES encryption engine
- Integrated TPM 1.2 (Trusted Platform Module)
- Rugged magnesium alloy chassis
- Removable screen protector