Should I buy a Blu-ray or HD DVD player? Running a Technology News Site, I get this question all the time. In an attempt to give a short and compact answer to this monumental question here are the I4U Words of Wisdom to help you make your decision:
1. If you want/have a Sony PS3 you get/got Blu-ray.
2. If you have an Xbox 360, get the Xbox 360 HD DVD player.
3. If you do not want to decide for either one get the LG BH100.
4. It is cheaper to buy a Blu-ray player ($599.99) and a HD DVD player ($379.88) than to buy the LG BH100 ($1,199.99).
5. Yes, you have a problem. Most HD movies are only available in either one of the two rivaling formats.
6. The list of HD DVD Movies is on this site.
7. The list of Blu-ray Movies is on this site.
8. Yes, the experience to watch a high definition movie is dramatically better than a standard DVD movie.
9. If you do not have a HDTV or HD-ready projector you do not need either one of them.
10. If you can wait to enjoy high definition movies at home, wait for cheaper and better players and go to the cinema, they need your support.
Format wars are always very emotional. If you have feedback for this I4U Words of Wisdom, please keep them clean.
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs