Don't Miss: Win a FREE Nintendo Switch in our Giveaway
Another thing that might throw users upgrading to Vista when performing a clean install is getting the familiar icons for My Computer, Network, Recycle Bin and others onto your desktop. This task isn’t difficult; you just have to know where to look as it is a little different than adding the icons was in Windows XP. Follow the steps on the next page to add your desktop icons.
- Right click on an empty portion of your Vista desktop
- Click the link in the upper left corner under Tasks that says “Change desktop icons”
- Click the check boxes beside the icons you wish to display on your Vista desktop
- Click Apply
- Click OK to close the window
- Click the “X” in the upper right corner of the personalization screen to close it and you are done.