The Amiga A1000 computer is a legend. I was 15 years old when it hit the market in 1985. I am not sure though how many people are still out their waiting for a new obscure computer from Amiga.
The company is still alive and they just published specifications for a new Amiga computer.
This new Amiga system will be offered at a suggested retail price of $489.00. (without Monitor).The new Amiga is based on the Freescale MPC8349E SoC PowerPC CPU.
Released Amiga Hardware Specifications:
How To: Buy a Pokemon Go Plus
Buy Now: Sony PlaysStation VR In Stock Here
- Flex-ATX form factor motherboard based on the Freescale MPC8349E SoC. (400MHz to 667MHz depending on requirements and price target)
- 1 (one) DDR2 DIMM slot expandable to 1GB using unregistered DIMMs.
- 1 (one) 66MHz PCI slot for use with readily available graphics cards.
- 2 (two) 33MHz PCI slots for additional expansion.
- 2 (two) 10/100/1Gb Ethernet Ports.
- 4 (four) Hi Speed USB ports.
- 2 (two) serial ports.
- 4 (four) SATA ports provided by a Silicon Image Sil3114 controller.
- Onboard sound provided by a C-Media CMI8738.
- Socketed EEPROM for U-Boot firmware.
- Atmel ATC2408A serial EEPROM (1 kb of non-volatile storage)
- Dallas DS1339 RTC with battery holder.
- Standard ATX power supply connector.