The rumor of the June 29th iPhone launch date we reported yesterday is true. Yesterday night the first Apple iPhone TV commercial ran on TV.
Against all odds, the iPhone will launch on a Friday. The Apple iPhone TV commercials are published on the Apple site in HD, in case you missed them yesterday on the TV.The first iPhone ads feature the iPhone and its cool user interface up close the whole time. The ads do not dress up the product, they just show how it is, and it looks great.
The AT&T iPhone page has not updated yet. I guess that will happen during today to reflect the launch date.
Key iPhone info:
- Fully functional touch screen iPod which syncs with iTunes
- AT&T wireless service and all the benefits of network reliability, Rollover® minutes, and more
- Visual Voicemail: a first on any mobile phone available in the United States
- 2MP camera
- Unique internet browsing capabilities
- Choose from 4GB ($499) or 8GB ($599) memory models
- EDGE, GPRS, GSM Quad-band, and WiFi capable
- Works with Windows PCs and Macs
- 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.46 inches / 115 x 61 x 11.6mm