iRobot announces new Roomba 530 and Roomba 560 vacuum cleaning robots.
The new iRobot Roomba 500 series got smarter and minimizes the need to prep rooms before cleaning. Using wireless technology, the robots now know when they have finished cleaning one room and then move on to the next. Other features of the new Roomba robots include:
Don't Miss: See the first leaked Black Friday 2016 Ad
Don't Miss: Incredible Pokemon Gifts
- A solid, heavy-duty design featuring modular components for enhanced durability and easy servicing
- Anti-tangle technology so Roomba can extract itself from tassels and cord tangles
- iRobot’s proprietary built-in, light-touch intelligent sensing system that can detect when Roomba is approaching a wall or obstacle and automatically slow the robot for a gentler impact and quieter operation
- One-button activation, simply press “clean” and go
- A built-in voice tutorial for new users that demonstrates Roomba’s features right out of the box
- A new mobility platform that allows Roomba to travel on thicker carpets, climb higher thresholds, and transition easily between floor surfaces
- New re-designed dustbin holds significantly more debris
- Colorful faceplates in white, steel blue, champagne, burnt orange, silver, charcoal, and chestnut so people can personalize Roomba to match their style
The iRobot Roomba 560, priced at $349, includes Virtual Wall Lighthouses. Virtual Wall Lighthouses help orient Roomba via radio frequency (RF) communications and guide Roomba systematically through the home. The Virtual Wall Lighthouses confine the Roomba to one room until that room is thoroughly cleaned, and then guide Roomba into the next room. Once Roomba 560 is finished cleaning, or when its battery is running low, the Virtual Wall Lighthouses direct the robot to its Home Base to dock and recharge.
Roomba 560 also includes an on-board scheduling function, so it can be programmed to automatically clean up to seven days a week, even when owners are away.
The iRobot Roomba 530, priced at $299 includes two standard Virtual Walls.
iRobot sold about 2 million Roomba robots since the company introduced the innovative floor cleaners 5 years ago.
Via the iRobot site.
Compare prices for iRobot Roomba robots.