RIM announced today the immediate availability of the BlackBerry Professional Software.
The RIM BlackBerry Professional Software is a new wireless communications and collaboration solution that tightly integrates with the industry leading email servers and is specifically designed and priced to meet the needs of small and medium-sized businesses.
BlackBerry Professional Software is based on the core functionality of the best-in-class BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software used by governments and large organizations worldwide, but it is streamlined and tailored to meet the needs of smaller organizations with up to 30 wireless users.
BlackBerry Professional Software is priced at $499 for 5 users.
How To: Buy a Pokemon Go Plus
Key features and benefits of BlackBerry Professional Software include:
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs
- Small IT Footprint – Installs on the same server as the email system, saving customers the cost of additional hardware and operating system licenses.
- Support for the Leading Email Systems – Provides tight integration with Microsoft® Exchange or IBM® Lotus® Domino®, allowing a full complement of synchronized wireless services including access to email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks.
- Simple Installation – A Pre-install Assistant utility performs a technical assessment of the environment and provides a recommended configuration making installation fast and easy with little or no requirement to determine configuration settings.
- Easy Management – Simplified BlackBerry Manager Interface is a one-stop location for most management tasks, and wizards and quick-links enable customers to easily change common functions such as adding or deleting a user. IT policies are also easy to set up with pre-defined IT policy templates.
- Advanced Security – Utilizes the same certified security architecture and encryption system of the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, which is trusted and accredited by more organizations around the world than any other wireless solution.
- BlackBerry® MDS (Mobile Data System) Support – Provides customers with the ability to extend internal applications to mobile employees and use any of the thousands of third party applications developed for the BlackBerry platform.
Via this Research in Motion press-release.