Ships Not Responsible For Cut Undersea Cables In Middle East

Posted: Feb 4 2008, 2:26pm CST | by , Updated: Aug 11 2010, 6:00am CDT, in News | Other Stuff


/* Story Top Left 2010 300x250, created 7/15/10 */ google_ad_slot = "8340327155";
Buy internet access from Amazon Prime Day, Amazon Cyber Monday and Black Friday Now

The Press Association in the UK is reporting that the undersea cables cut last week in the Middle East weren’t cut by ships in the area. The three cables cut left the Middle East with 50% to 6-% reduction in bandwidth and cut Dubai off completely.

According to The Press Association Egypt’s Ministry of Communications says that no ships were in the area at the time the cables were cut. A statement from the ministry said, “A marine transport committee investigated the traffic of ships in the area, 12 hours before and after the malfunction, where the cables are located to figure out the possibility of being cut by a passing vessel and found out there were no passing ships at that time.”

The area 5 miles from the Port of Alexandria is also off limits to ships so none would have been there to begin with according to Egyptian officials. Full access to the Middle East and Egypt is not expected for 10 days.

Via The Press Association

You May Like


The Author

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/3" rel="author">Shane McGlaun</a>
Leading our review center, Shane McGlaun (Google) knows technology inside out. His extensive experience in testing computer hardware and consumer electronics enable him to effectively qualify new products and trends. If you want us review your product, please contact Shane.
Shane can be contacted directly at




Leave a Comment

Share this Story

Follow Us
Follow I4U News on Twitter
Follow I4U News on Facebook

You Also Like


Read the Latest from I4U News