It’s hard to make up an excuse to not work when you work from home, it’s not like you can really be too sick to be at home. A recent study has found that 1-in-4 workers admit to making up fake excuses for arriving to work late.
How To: Buy a Pokemon Go Plus
The study says that more than 32% of workers blame traffic when they are late while 17% blamed it on falling back asleep. Part of the survey asked for the most unusual excuses for getting to work late and some of the excuses are downright stupid and the people deserve to get fired for at least not making up a better lie.
The top ten dumbest excuses for being late to work are:
- While rowing across the river to work, I got lost in the fog.
- Someone stole all my daffodils.
- I had to go audition for American Idol.
- My ex-husband stole my car so I couldn't drive to work.
- My route to work was shut down by a Presidential motorcade.
- I wasn't thinking and accidentally went to my old job.
- I was indicted for securities fraud this morning.
- The line was too long at Starbucks.
- I was trying to get my gun back from the police.
- I didn't have money for gas because all of the pawn shops were closed.