Microsoft is going to announce its 7" to 9" surface tablets during the company's Build Developers Conference. As the suppliers that provide components to Microsoft have already shipped 1 million to 1.5 million Intel-based units to company before the end of 2012. These units are in-line with reported sales for the original Surface devices.
DigiTimes reported that this second-generation tablet is not going to replace the current Surface devices. AS this second generation tablet will have a display of 7 to 9-inches.
Microsoft get component supplies from the same companies which already provided components for first generation devices.
- Device manufacturer is Pegatron Technology.
- Chassis supplier is Ju Teng, switching.
- Display supplier is Samsung Electronics and LG Display.
- Batteries are from LG Chem.
- Processors are of Intel and Nvidia.
- Keyboards are taken from Chicony Electronics and Ko Ja.
- Touch panels are supplied by TPK and Youngfast.
But all of these component makers did not comment about any of the Surface supplies.
Image Credit: Getty Images