A big announcement is expected at Microsoft's Build Developer Conference held in June. Microsoft is reportedly working on its 7" to 9" display, second-generation surface tablets. During the three days conference from June 26-28, the software giant can announce the launch of new surface tablets.
Microsoft is going to announce its 7" to 9" surface tablets during the company's Build Developers Conference. As the suppliers that provide components to Microsoft have already shipped 1 million to 1.5 million Intel-based units to company before the end of 2012. These units are in-line with reported sales for the original Surface devices.
Don't Miss: Today's Best Deals on Amazon.com
DigiTimes reported that this second-generation tablet is not going to replace the current Surface devices. AS this second generation tablet will have a display of 7 to 9-inches.
Microsoft get component supplies from the same companies which already provided components for first generation devices.
- Device manufacturer is Pegatron Technology.
- Chassis supplier is Ju Teng, switching.
- Display supplier is Samsung Electronics and LG Display.
- Batteries are from LG Chem.
- Processors are of Intel and Nvidia.
- Keyboards are taken from Chicony Electronics and Ko Ja.
- Touch panels are supplied by TPK and Youngfast.
But all of these component makers did not comment about any of the Surface supplies.
Image Credit: Getty Images