Twitter has been busy lately. Just hours after announcing the nifty log-in verification system on all accounts, it seems that Twitter for Mac is seeing some major updates as well. As noted by 9to5Mac, the app for Mac now has Notification Center integration, which means that users can now receive notifications when someone mentions them or when they receive a Direct Message.
To enable the feature, simply adjust the settings in the "Preferences" section. It's worth noting that OS X already had the integration, except that the notifications were deferred to the web rather than its native client. Twitter app for Mac version 2.2.1 can be downloaded at the Mac App Store. Of course, an update wouldn't be complete without the occasional bug fixes. Fixes include the following:
- Fix for Growl notifications not working in Lion and Mountain Lion
- Fix for bug that prevented un-favoriting tweets
- Fix for missing account switcher in composer
- Fix for error message when posting a tweet with a pasted image
- Fix for enlarged avatar when dragging a tweet into an email
- Fixes for crashes and various other bugs