Apple has finally announced iOS 7. The announcement was rather expected, in spite of Apple's strong secrecy on its new products.
iOS 7 boasts a new user interface, a resigned subtle motion, elegant color palette, and functional layers. Apple has also refined the fonts, making it simpler and cleaner.
iOS 7 also brings several new features including a new control center, improved notification center, enhanced Siri, Photos and Safari, as well as improved multitasking, better camera app, and iTunes Radio.
iOS 7 isn't just an update to its predecessor, iOS 6. Apple says that iOS 7 is a complete overall in terms of the UI. However, Apple was careful to maintain the "familiar" design and functionality of the user interface.
Other features of iOS 7 include:
- a new Find My iPhone Activation Lock feature that requires your Apple ID and password before you can turn off Find My iPhone, erase data or re-activate a device after it’s been remotely erased;
- Night Mode in Maps that responds to ambient light when you use it in the dark;
- FaceTime® audio for high quality calls over a data network;
- Notification sync, so when you dismiss a notification on one device it is dismissed on all of your devices;
- Phone, FaceTime and Messages blocking to prevent specific people from being able to contact you;
- Tencent Weibo support for users in China, a Chinese-English bilingual dictionary, and improved Chinese input including handwriting recognition for multiple Chinese characters;
- the ability for businesses to more efficiently deploy and manage iPhones and iPads; and
- enhanced in-car integration, bringing an Apple designed experience into the car for the first time.