Steve Ballmer's “One Microsoft” is a far-reaching realignment plan to make changes in the senior leadership team of the company. Microsoft head is doing reorganization to bring innovation in speed and efficiency of its services and devices.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has announced today the company's biggest reorganization in past five years. Ballmer sends a memo to its employees titled "One Microsoft: Company realigns to enable innovation at greater speed, efficiency." He promises that these changes will enable better execution of company's plans for its services and devices. To drive success, Microsoft sharpens its strategy. Ballmer states, "Going forward, our strategy will focus on creating a family of devices and services for individuals and businesses that empower people around the globe at home, at work and on the go, for the activities they value most." Microsoft head has announced a merger of its 5 business units and all 3 Microsoft OS into a single division. He called it "One Strategy, One Microsoft"
Don't Miss: MWC 2017 Highlights
The company has also centralized its marketing and business strategy decisions in cross-company groups. Microsoft has done following organizational changes for speed and strategic alignment.
- Terry Myerson is now the head of Operating Systems Engineering Group.
- Julie Larson-Green will lead Devices and Studios Engineering Group.
- Qi Lu has become head of Applications and Services Engineering Group. Qi Lu
- Satya Nadella is the leader of Cloud and Enterprise Engineering Group.
- Kirill Tatarinov remains on same position of Dynamics head but his product leaders will report Qi Lu and his marketing leader will report Tami Reller.
- Eric Rudder has now become head of Advanced Strategy and Research Group.
- Tami Reller will lead Marketing Group.
- Kevin Turner will continue his work as COO.
- Tony Bates is the new head of Business Development and Evangelism Group.
- Amy Hood will lead Finance Group.
- Brad Smith will be the new head of Legal and Corporate Affairs Group.
- Lisa Brummel will lead HR Group.
Microsoft CEO also explains that his team will follow the core values. The keys on which all his team will work together to get success are Nimble, Communicative, Collaborative, Decisive and Motivated.
Image Credit: Getty Images