Jul 15 2013, 5:38am CDT | by Sumayah Aamir
Apple has agreed to bear full responsibility for a tragic incident that occurred recently. A Chinese flight attendant died of electric shock while using her iPhone 5. According to China’s Xinhua
Net News, she was planning on tying the knot in the near future. Ma Ailun was a 23 year old air hostess with China Southern Airlines who dropped dead after using her iPhone 5 while it was charging. A spokeswoman for Apple regretted the malfunction and stated to Bloomberg
that the company will “fully investigate and cooperate with authorities." She said that the company was deeply saddened to learn of the tragic incident and would like to offer condolences to the family.
The tragic event took place at Ma Ailun’s residence in Xinjiang. The tragedy has created an uproar regarding safety concerns while using an iPhone 5. Ma Ailun’s brother spoke of how her whole family believed the smart phone was the reason behind her death. Her iPhone 5 has been put in custody of the police for further investigation. Meanwhile, many people have flooded the micro-blogging site Weibo speaking out against using the terrifying technology. The general advice seems to be never to use a mobile while it is being charged. One professor even said that nothing ought to be used while it was being charged be it an electric shaver or a mobile.
New developments in the Electrocuted by iPhone incident appeared today in China. Read more.
blog comments powered by Disqus
News | Computing | Apple Inc. | Technology | Smartphones | IPhone | Linksys iPhone | ITunes | Apple | Electronics | smartphone | Quotation | Information appliances | Company | Phone | iPhone 5 | investigation | charging | image | blogging | Electric | offer | Cooperate | images | Against | trends | Use | with | daily news | Files | remove | Full | Concerns | Woman Death | electrocuted to Death | iPhone Shock Death | Investigate | 23 year old woman | air hostess | China Southern Airlines