Latest News: Technology |  Celebrity |  Movies |  Apple |  Cars |  Business |  Sports |  TV Shows |  Geek

Trending

Filed under: News | Apple

 

Apple Holds 10% of All US Corporate Cash

Apple proves to be the biggest US corporate cash share holder. Tech giant alone holds 10% ($147 billion) of all US corporate cash which is $1.48 trillion.

Oct 2 2013, 11:04am CDT | by

1 Updates
Apple Holds 10% of All US Corporate Cash

Getty Images
 
 

YouTube Videos Comments

Full Story

Apple Holds 10% of All US Corporate Cash

Apple has increased its US corporate cash share to 10% which was previously found to be 9.5% at the end of last year. WSJ reports according to a new analysis by Moody's that more than 1,000 U.S. nonfinancial companies together hold $1.48 trillion cash. 

Apple now holds $147 billion in cash as of June 30th, 2013. This accounts to be 10% of all US corporate cash. Hence, Apple is so far the biggest US corporate cash holder. As other big tech names like Microsoft, Google, Cisco and Pfizer together hold 15 percent of all U.S. corporate cash. It means that these 5 tech giants together hold 25 percent of the US cash.

Top 50 companies hold 62% of all US cash. WSJ reports, "Despite dividends and buybacks Apple, has about 9.5% more cash than it did at the end of last year.  Billionaire investor Carl Icahn pressed the company’s chief executive Tim Cook for another $150 billion buyback at a dinner last night.  Apple has nearly double the cash hoard of its next closest rival, since Microsoft has the second-largest cash stockpile at $77 billion."

 

You Might Also Like

Updates


Sponsored Update


Advertisement


More From the Web

Shopping Deals

 
 
 

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/20" rel="author">Sumayah Aamir</a>
Sumayah Aamir (Google+) has deep experience in analyzing the latest trends.

 

 

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest stories

Gwyneth Paltrow facing Lawsuit
Gwyneth Paltrow facing Lawsuit
The famous actress and creator of a website named Goop, Gwyneth Paltrow, is facing a lawsuit by a man who claims she plagiarized his creative phrase. And she is also concerned about her ex-husband’s new relationships.
 
 
Ashlee Simpson celebrates Evan Ross Birthday Bash
Ashlee Simpson celebrates Evan Ross Birthday Bash
The pop starlet, Ashlee Simpson celebrated her fiance’s birthday bash and also wore a special hat later on in the style of Mary Poppins.
 
 
iPhone 6 from Apple: Where to Next?
iPhone 6 launch invites sent
With the arrival of the iPhone 6, the question for the execs at Apple Incorporated is: where to next?
 
 
Jake the Snake Roberts in a Medical Dilemma
Jake the Snake Roberts in a Medical Dilemma
The famous professional wrestler, Jake the Snake Roberts is in somewhat of a medical dilemma. He is in a hospital and currently undergoing treatment for double pneumonia.
 
 
 

About the Geek Mind

The “geek mind” is concerned with more than just the latest iPhone rumors, or which company will win the gaming console wars. I4U is concerned with more than just the latest photo shoot or other celebrity gossip.

The “geek mind” is concerned with life, in all its different forms and facets. The geek mind wants to know about societal and financial issues, both abroad and at home. If a Fortune 500 decides to raise their minimum wage, or any high priority news, the geek mind wants to know. The geek mind wants to know the top teams in the National Football League, or who’s likely to win the NBA Finals this coming year. The geek mind wants to know who the hottest new models are, or whether the newest blockbuster movie is worth seeing. The geek mind wants to know. The geek mind wants—needs—knowledge.

Read more about The Geek Mind.