Latest News: Technology |  Celebrity |  Movies |  Apple |  Cars |  Business |  Sports |  TV Shows |  Geek

Trending

Filed under: News | Apple

 

Retina iPad Mini Supply to See Shortage Due to Limited Sharp Panels

New iPad mini with Retina display can see supply shortage. As the 7.9-inch Retina display panel supplier Sharp is facing low yield rates that will limit its supply.

1 Updates
Retina iPad Mini Supply to See Shortage Due to Limited Sharp Panels
Photo Credit: Getty Images
 
 

YouTube Videos Comments

Full Story

Retina iPad Mini Supply to See Shortage Due to Limited Sharp Panels

Retina iPad Mini Supply to See Shortage Due to Limited Sharp Panels
Image Credit: Apple

Apple's new iPad mini with Retina display supply can go short. Apple might not be able to fulfill the market demand. The reason behind this shortage is the limited supply of 7.9-inch Retina display panels by Sharp

Sharp has very low yield of these Retina display panels based on Oxide TFT process. Taiwan sources claim that Sharp is not manufacturing enough Retina panels to meet the high market demand. Sharp supplies 40% of the total Retina iPad mini display panels.

LG is the other major supplier of Retina panels. LG Display (LGD) supplies the remaining 60% of these 7.9-inch Retina display panels. LGD panels are based on a-Si process. LG Display is also the major supplier for iPad Air Retina display panels. Apple took 60% supply of 9.7-inch Retina panels from LGD. Samsung Display supplies the remaining 40% of 9.7-inch Retina panels.

Two other panel suppliers have tried to take orders for 7.9-inch Retina panels from Apple. But the tech giant refused to give them Retina panels supply order.

Source: DigiTimes

 

 

iPad Air Giveaway. Win a free iPad Air.

You Might Also Like

Updates


Sponsored Update


Advertisement


More From the Web

Shopping Deals

 
 
 

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/20" rel="author">Sumayah Aamir</a>
Sumayah Aamir (Google+) has deep experience in analyzing the latest trends.

 

 

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest stories

Jim Parsons Talks About &quot;The Big Bang Theory&quot; and Upcoming Nominations
Jim Parsons Talks About "The Big Bang Theory" and Upcoming Nominations
Proud of being nominated for his role in HBO movie "The Normal Heart."
 
 
Benedict Cumberbatch Takes &quot;Ice Bucket Challenge&quot; To New Level
Benedict Cumberbatch Takes "Ice Bucket Challenge" To New Level
The Brit Star is nominated five times for the challenge.
 
 
Kari Byron, Tory Belleci and Grant Imahara Exit MythBusters
 
 
Microsoft set to unveil Windows 9 on September 30th
Microsoft set to unveil Windows 9 on September 30th
While Threshold is likely to be named Windows 9, it’s unlikely that Microsoft will name its upcoming Windows release at its press event.
 
 
 

About the Geek Mind

The “geek mind” is concerned with more than just the latest iPhone rumors, or which company will win the gaming console wars. I4U is concerned with more than just the latest photo shoot or other celebrity gossip.

The “geek mind” is concerned with life, in all its different forms and facets. The geek mind wants to know about societal and financial issues, both abroad and at home. If a Fortune 500 decides to raise their minimum wage, or any high priority news, the geek mind wants to know. The geek mind wants to know the top teams in the National Football League, or who’s likely to win the NBA Finals this coming year. The geek mind wants to know who the hottest new models are, or whether the newest blockbuster movie is worth seeing. The geek mind wants to know. The geek mind wants—needs—knowledge.

Read more about The Geek Mind.