We have made a list of the top 5 features (or at least, what we think are the top 5) of the new OS X Mavericks
- Shared browser links – The new Safari browser's Sidebar has got the Shared Links option enabled. It automatically lists all the URLs shared to the user via his social networks. But the user must at first connect his OS X to these social networks via an Internet Accounts system preference. These shared links provide a handy list of all of the web pages that the user’s friends and the colleagues have been discussing or been recommending.
- Tabbed Finder windows – Apple’s new OS X Mavericks now lets users add tabs to the Finder windows; whereas users can also create new windows by pressing the keys, “Cmd-T”.
- iCloud Keychain – The new iCloud Keychain added in the OS X Mavericks does two things users will appreciate. It can now automatically save user’s credit card information entered on websites, so that the user doesn’t have to keep re-entering that particular data. But users still need to enter the CVV code because iCloud Keychain intentionally does not ever retain that verification code.
- Map integration in Calendar – The new OS X Mavericks can integrate Maps with the Calendar. If a particular appointment has a recognized street address, the Calendar app shows a preview map of that location also. Users need to double-click that to open the location in the Map application. The calendar app also calculates the approximate drive time to such destinations based on user’s current location and a historic traffic pattern for that time of the day and adds that drive time to the calendar as well.
- Automatic app updates – Usually, people don't like being asked to install app updates again and again. Apple’s new OS X Mavericks updates apps regularly. The security updates are also auto-installed by default, a feature that was previously introduced in OS X Mountain Lion.
Triszia Marie Santos
Triszia Marie Santos is navigating the mobile device space for you. She is an early adopter in all things mobile and loves to write about the latest mobile trends.
Leave a Comment
I4U News is feeding your Geek Mind daily with what is important. The Geek Mind is concerned with life, in all its different forms and facets.
The geek mind wants to know about societal and financial issues, both abroad and at home. If a Fortune 500 decides to raise their minimum wage, or any high priority news, the geek mind wants to know.
The geek mind wants to know the top teams in the National Football League, or who’s likely to win the NBA Finals this coming year.
The geek mind wants to know who the hottest new models are, or whether the newest blockbuster movie is worth seeing. The geek mind wants to know of course also what the latest discoveries in science are and the latest technology news. Geeks find it all here on I4U News.