All of the Android users might have been itching to get their hands on the new Android OS version 4.4 or KitKat as it’s fondly known.
The Nexus 4 users are in very good luck, as Google will be officially rolling out Android version 4.4 very soon; but what about the rest of the Android users that are not rocking a Nexus device? It might be an easy couple of months before the OEMs begin seeding this to their flagship handsets and then only God knows how long it will take to come out for other phones. But for now, there is a quicker and also, safer way to satiate any Android user’s sweet tooth. Some good developers over at XDA Developers have already ported the KitKat launcher from the Nexus 5 device and now, it’s available in just an easy to install APK file.
Don't Miss: The NES Classic In Stock at these Stores
- Now, before you proceed to install, you must be informed that this will only work as long as Android version Jelly Bean 4.1 and above is installed on the phone.
- Download the following file named ‘launcher4.4.zip’.
- Once downloaded, unzip the file and you’ll get 3 APKs inside.
- Then, transfer all the APKs to the phone. They can be placed in the root or a new folder can be created for them.
- Now, use a gentle file manager to browse to these APKs from the phone and then install them in this particular order – PrebuiltGmsCore.apk, and then Velvet.apk and at last, GoogleHome.apk. All these files must be installed in order for the launcher and Google Now to work correctly together.
- At last, simply select the launcher by pressing the ‘Home’ button and you are ready to experience KitKat on your Android phone.
It’s that much easy. Now get the file and quickly install it on your device to experience Android KitKat like theme on your android smart phone.