What will the New Year bring to the world of fashion? Here are 10 things worth keeping our eyes out for.
Don't Miss: Sam's Club Black Friday 2016 Details
1. Cate Blanchett’s red carpet gowns as she makes the awards ceremony rounds to accept accolades for her performance in Blue Jasmine. Is there any other actress who can tackle very “editorial” fashion choices with the same elegance as Blanchett?
2. With the release of Grace of Monaco in the first quarter of 2014, Nicole Kidman is sure to wow us with her brand of glamorous fashion. If we were to go by her looks at this year’s Cannes Film Festival, she’ll have us chronicling every outfit change as she promotes her movie. Not to mention the magazine covers.
3. Nicolas Ghesquiere at Louis Vuitton. How will the designer’s intellectual approach translate into the logo-centric label? I myself am very excited for this and I might just start buying Louis Vuitton again.
4. Will Loewe finally make it to the top of the fashion heap when British talent JW Anderson takes over the label?
5. Marco Zanini at the House of Schiaparelli. How will he modernize the label? How different will his collection be from the one-off created by Christian Lacroix?
6. The complete vision of Alessandra Facchinetti for Tod’s is something to look forward to.
7. How will Christopher Kane and Joseph Altuzarra evolve and move their labels forward with Kering? The same for Nicholas Kirkwood after LVMH’s financial stake.
8. The Costume Institute’s Charles James: Beyond Fashion exhibit which will be chaired by Aerin Lauder and co-chaired by Oscar de la Renta, Bradley Cooper and Sarah Jessica Parker.
9. The future — and new venue—of New York Fashion Week, should it come to that.
10. The future of fashion blogs and the next chapter for fashion bloggers.
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @bluecarreon
Read more from me on Style Intel