There are actual YouTube videos of this crazy practice that is spreading like wildfire among school-going students. And it is unbelievable to what extents people will go just to get high on something.
Those colorful candies known as Smarties are being crushed into a fine powder. Then the kids are snorting it. This could easily lead to internal bleeding in the nose due to the razor sharp bits of the otherwise harmless candy.
But even worse is the fact that infection and nasal maggots could result from this weird practice. The trend is catching on and it has the youth of America in its grip. And their parents have a right to be worried.
There are hundreds of videos of students snorting and smoking the powdered Smarties on YouTube. They even take the powder into their mouths and blow it out of their nostrils. The fly larvae that could infest the lining of the nose may cause complications such as septicemia.
Other symptoms which may show up due to this harmful cultural madness are scarring of the nasal passages and lung irritation. As for the allergies, that a young boy or girl may catch thanks to snorting Smarties, they are innumerable.
It is also a future predictor of drug abuse and self harm. That is why this trend must be curbed. It is better to eat sugar-laced Smarties, even if they make you fat, than to snort or smoke them. That much is for sure.