Smartphones have advanced features more than the typical phones. These features include ability to take photos, send videos, and take notes when necessity dictates.
The communication technology world is quickly advancing and therefore, many Smartphones are invented due to need for improved communications. Examples of Smartphones include Sony Ericson, BlackBerry, Samsung Galaxy, Palm Treo, and iPhone among others. The advantages of owning these advanced phones are many, including:
- Improved functionality – Smartphones have features like camera and sound recorders that enable people to take photos, videos, and sound and share them with other people. This has been improved by network provided by the Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM). Apparently, with the invention of 4G network, Smartphones will be able to connect to millions of other devices within a short time span.
- Faster Communication – Some Smartphones are always on the internet service and therefore, facilitate faster connectivity to other people you may be interested with. They also have stronger power, making network reception to be faster than conventional phones.
- Improved security – Apparently, since the revelations of Snowden, every member keen on privacy and information security prefers buying a Smartphone which has advanced security features capable to ‘cheat’ surveillance systems. This makes it hard for other parties to eavesdrop any discussions or messages that you may be sending.
- Information at fingertips – Many Smartphones have GPRS which enable easy location of places. They also support satellite-directed applications like Google map that make it easy to get lost even in a new land. Information on weather and traffic information are brought to your fingertips when a Smartphone is used.
- Makes you organized - A Smartphones is smart in aiding you get organized, thanks to its many user-friendly applications available to help in organization daily events. For example; the electronic dairy, the reminders, the contact list all easens work that would require lots of writing.
- It makes working flexible – Owning a Smartphones can be likened to owning a mobile office. This is because of the ability to review appointments, take notes, and send documents while travelling. Current Smartphones have also been known to operate office machines like printers through the advancing wireless technology.
- Better Information sharing – There is access to internet, social media, and e-mail through Smartphones. This capability does not only make life better but also increases the much needed social bond that humanity requires.
- Acts as storage device – Most Smartphones have sizeable memory, able to save myriad of information that can be retrieved without hustling. It acts as information storage device eliminating the need to carry other storage devices like disks…
- It acts as an entertainment tool – Many games have been developed for Smartphones. These games entice and are adventurous. They break the boredom that would accrue due to normal daily chores.
- Smartphones Saves time – ‘Time is money’ as the saying goes; Smartphones enables access internet without having to move out of office or bed. It also enables quick chats, hence at individual level, you save the time you would spend to visit a friend.
It is important to note that continuous advancement in network coverage and Smartphones capabilities will make it a communication tool beyond 2020.