These days, it is not really hard to find a decent smart phone with good configurations at a carrier for a little to no money down in the current market.
The main drawback is that you must sign a contract of some kind. Even the T-Mobile’s “Uncarrier” facility still means some monthly payments and, if you finally decide to leave the career, you have to pay the rest of the balance all at once. But hopefully, all is not lost, though. There are still some alternatives. There are a handful of smart phones which cost $350 or even less, and they are not just on traditional pre-paid carriers too.
- Google Nexus 5 – $350 on T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T - It is not quite often that people can get a decent phone with the latest OS update, a fast processor, super fast LTE connectivity and also, a great screen for less than $500, but the Google Inc. and LG has managed to get it done with the Nexus 5 device.
- Moto G – $180 – $200, US carriers TBA - Between the stunning 4.5-inch and 1280x720 pixel screen size, a powerful 1.2GHz quad-core processor, and an impressive 1GB of RAM, this smart phone should provide a speedy performance that is going to satisfy just anyone but the most hard-core Android power users.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 – $350 on Virgin Mobile, $340 on Boost Mobile - We have at last reached that point where the last year’s super phone is now at this year’s bargain. In addition to being a comfortable handset with a stunning and beautiful display and also, a decent battery life, the Galaxy S3 handset is still fast enough to handle almost any application you want to run. And also a plus point is, because this phone was just everywhere last year, there are still a ton of accessories for this device.
- Pantech Discover – $355 on AT&T - We are now cheating a bit with this device since it technically costs $355, but the extra $5 for this phone is worth it since the Discover handset is simply a great phone at this price. We have raved about the wavy design also and the cool side-shooting speakers in our review; and the performance of this phone are even better than the Galaxy S3 device. The best part of it is that you do not even have to go prepaid with this device.
- LG Viper 4G LTE – $200 on Zact - The LG Inc. claims big to fame that their Viper handset is very eco-friendly. It is said to be mostly made of recycled materials and the device is also 100 percent recyclable when the user is done with it. This is a pretty standard budget smart phone with a pretty much decent screen, good battery life, and also, performance that is good enough for this price tag.