Who doesn’t want to grow old into the ripeness of silver hair and playing with your grandchildren? But nowadays people drop dead from heart attacks due to the unhealthy diet they consume and the stressful, sedentary lifestyles they lead.
The solution seems to be a mixture of restful sleep, stress-relief, vigorous intermittent exercise and most of all a good heart-healthy diet. Especially the last one is of crucial importance. You are your diet. What you put into your mouth counts for more than any other external factor.
Therefore we have collated a list of the top 10 heart-healthy foods that will benefit your heart. Peruse the list of heart-healthy foods and add as many as you like to your daily diet regimen:
1. Salmon: An oily fish, it can be grilled or baked. The omega-3 fatty acids it contains are very beneficial indeed.
2. Tuna: In the capacity of a cold water fish, tuna is best eaten in the form of a tuna melt sandwich or tuna salad.
3. Oatmeal: Sprinkle it with raisins which in themselves are good for the heart too.
4. Pomegranate: This delicious fruit can be taken in the form of fresh juice. It has a salubrious effect on heart health.
5. Flaxseed: They can be ground and then mixed with any meal. A very potent solution to all cardiac issues.
6. Soy Products: Soybeans or tofu are both ideal. The first is the nutrient-packed whole food while the second one is a soybean derivative curd.
7. Bananas: The potassium they contain is a tonic for your love organ. Drink in the shape of a delicious milkshake.
8. Red Wine: The French were right all along. A moderate intake of red wine along with meals is good. But more than two glasses is overdoing it.
9. Dark Chocolate: While white chocolate contains too much sugar and milk, both of which are trouble for the ticker, dark chocolate is the stuff in its natural state. It may need a little getting used to since it is slightly bitter, but health-wise it is the right food.
10. Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Also termed EVOO, the healing power of this oil is legendary. It will also help remove the extra padding around your waist since it contains monounsaturated fats which are the healthiest fats on the planet.