Here are some ways you can protect your information, and stay safe from any hackers that could be attempting to prey on you and your beautiful and precious Android phone.
1. Passwords: Use passwords, no matter how annoying and unnecessary they may seem. If your phone is stolen, and you have a pass code on the phone, you can be sure the information sealed onto that phone is safe and not going anywhere.
- Most message integrated apps allow the use of a password to enter into any information-holding apps, such as: e-mail, text messaging, facebook, etc.
- Adopt a good swipe pass code pattern or word-password that is asked for when unlocking your phone. This is a great way to ensure that no one will be able to even retrieve pictures from your phone, as they have no access inside, beyond your keypad.
- Use different passwords for everything – that way if one password is hacked, not all of them are; and you still have a chance for security and saving your information from predators.
2. Install the Mobile Security Apps
- ALL Androids support the mobile Avast app, which is great for protecting from malware, hackers, threats, and all other sources of harmful information going into your phone. This is a wonderful idea to have on your phone at all times, so if you download a third party app that tries to receive personal information without allotted permissions, your phone will notify you straight away, and all will be safe and good!
- Use an app that allows you to secure your phone if it is ever stolen! These apps sometimes have an online feature you can use from your home computer to brick your Android, if someone were to steal it. All your information would be safe and secured away forever.
- Remember to password lock this app! Passwords are your friends in these types of events.
3. When using Bluetooth, do NOT use discoverable mode.
- Find your phone manually, do not allow other phones to see your network name, and allow them to enter inside all of your personal information. Once they gain access of your Bluetooth network name, they can access all pictures, photos, ringtones, e-mails, and a bunch of other things. Keep yourself safe!
These are all perfect tactics to peruse in your beautiful Android phone to make sure your privacy and information stay locked away from others, and you only have access to it. Some of these may require more work, but it is always better to be safe than sorry in these types of situations. Do more research to find the correct apps to suit your needs, like mentioned above.