Mar 10 2014, 7:12am CDT | by Sumayah Aamir
Who doesn’t want to relax and wiggle his or her toes on a sun-kissed beach of golden sands and aquamarine surf? With a colorful canopy above your head you can sip Pina Colada time to time while wearing sunglasses. Then you are served Lobster Thermidor and soon you retire for a long nap at the luxurious hotel where you are staying. And after the 40 winks you undergo a nice full body massage that leaved you a refreshed person from the inside out.
Yes, I can see you getting all excited and revved up about the possibility of such a scenario. But it’s taken from reality and is not a fantasy. The Caribbean destinations offer such dream vacations in excess. It is indeed a hedonist’s paradise and a tourist’s favorite spot to laze around.
So keeping you, the person with wanderlust, in mind we have compiled the top five destinations in the Caribbean where you could unwind and just be yourself. Away from the hassle of office cubicle life, you will find the holiday experience a great refresher alright:
1. Jamaica: A perfect place for those with less cash than the jet set, Jamaica is the land of Usain Bolt, Bob Marley and Reggae. You will get plenty of isolated paradisiacal beaches. If you wish you can mingle with the common people too. They are a friendly lot. Curried goat and jerk chicken are two delicious food items on every eatery’s menu. Your stay may cost you $100 per night.
2. Puerto Rico: Being the land of music, it is a wonderful place where haggling and bartering are very common activities. And you can surf or watch surfers do their own thing along the sun-drenched beaches. The evening is a scene to gaze at the sun setting like an orange on the horizon. The rates for a night’s stay will cost you from $75 to $125.
3. Bahamas: The ideal dig where you can just unloosen all those knots in your muscles. It is a truly beautiful and gorgeous scene on its shorelines. Fishing is abundant and you can dine on seafood aplenty. As for the scuba diving it will be a new experience to try. The package will cost you a hundred bucks.
4. Aruba: An island that together with two others is called the ABC Isles. This fantastic and swell region has been mentioned by the Beach Boys in their song “Kokomo”. The culture is a mixed hotchpotch and very colorfully kaleidoscopic. As for the eats they are excellent. A night’s stay will cost you $200.
5. Trinidad and Tobago: The partying never ends here. And the outdoor markets and colonial-designed buildings are stuff that is worth seeing. Crab dishes and dumplings that are scrumptious are the food fare available. The stay will be $60 per 24 hours. Enjoy!
blog comments powered by Disqus
The “geek mind” is concerned with more than just the latest iPhone rumors, or which company will win the gaming console wars. I4U is concerned with more than just the latest photo shoot or other celebrity gossip.
The “geek mind” is concerned with life, in all its different forms and facets. The geek mind wants to know about societal and financial issues, both abroad and at home. If a Fortune 500 decides to raise their minimum wage, or any high priority news, the geek mind wants to know. The geek mind wants to know the top teams in the National Football League, or who’s likely to win the NBA Finals this coming year. The geek mind wants to know who the hottest new models are, or whether the newest blockbuster movie is worth seeing. The geek mind wants to know. The geek mind wants—needs—knowledge.
Read more about The Geek Mind.
Reviews | Human Interest | Political geography | International relations | Other Stuff | Caribbean | Jamaica | Surfing | Puerto Rico | Member states of the United Nations | Athletics | Visit | Top 5 | Caribbean Destinations | Constitutional monarchies | Member states of the Caribbean Community | Member states of the Commonwealth of Nations | Destinations | Trinidad and Tobag | Aruba | Bahamas