The faster we move to another generation, the more people build up Android devices that are old dated in their home. These devices end up gathering dust as well as taking a lot of space in the house.
Are you holding extra Android devices in your home? What about Smartphone’s and tablets? It is important to know that these devices that you have abandoned can be transformed to another fundamental device. You will only be required to change them in a way that they can get a potential use and give them a fresh life. Thus, get something to clear the dust and be ready to use the device in one of the following ways.
1. Using it as a home media controller –No matter how old the device is, it can serve as a very good entertainment controller in your home. You can achieve this through the following ways:
- The device can be paired with the Google’s Chrome cast streaming stick. The device can then be kept on the table and then be used wirelessly in content casting with apps like YouTube, HBO, Hulu Plus, Netflix, Google play among others. You can then play the movies on your TV via WIFI networks. It can also be used wirelessly to play audios.
- By the use of Plex, you can setup a home media serve that is full-fledged. The old Smartphone can then be used in form of a remote to aide content streaming in your TV.
- By the use of an adapter of a cable that is appropriate, the device can be directly connected to the TV, whereby it can be used in playback control.
2. Use it as a kitchen command center. – By turning it into a multi-purpose kitchen command center, a device like Motorola X-Zoom can be used in the house. A Nova Launcher can be used to make the device’s home-screen simple into a single panel. With the shortcuts, the old Motorola can be used to offer entertainment in the kitchen. The Netflix application applies here to make the device a kitchen television. Other Android recipe apps can be installed to ease your access in the recipes while in the kitchen.
3. Converting it into a digital photo frame – By getting a stand that is not expensive, you can plug your device in it and use it as a photo frame around your home. Day frame application will work out best here as it will be streaming all your images from the social media accounts. Thus, you will only be required to get the Day frame application which is a free program in the Google play.
4. Using it as a live window in the world – By downloading the Earth Cam Webcams application, you can use the device as a window to the exciting and wild locales.
5. Make it kid friendly device. – You can turn your tablet or Smartphone gadget into a fun device or educational device for your kids. By the use of Zoodles Kid Mode, this can be successful.
Thus, it is important to consider using the Android devices and gadgets that are lying there in the shelves in a useful way in your home. All these ways among others can give you a clue on how to use the device.