Migrating from one mobile platform to another is one of the hardest things one has to do. Usually, when Windows users migrate to start using Android, the migration appears seamless and the consumers adapt very fast. However, this is not true when the reverse process is done.
Consumers find it difficult to cope with the Windows system on mobile devices. The development of Windows 8 operating platform has not made this transition easy. So, here are some few tips on how to cope with your migration from one operating system, say Android, to Windows 8 – especially Lumia which is restricted to the Nokia brand.
Don't Miss: Enter the I4U News Nintendo Switch Giveaway!
- Use SkyDrive – This is a cloud storage space that comes with Windows 8. The Sky Drive provides 7GB of extra data storage for any user of Lumia. This allows you to save in the cloud back up. Though it is always preferred that it is used for back up purposes, the cloud space can also be used to store other forms of media e.g. photos, videos, and even music.
- Did you know about the camera translator? This is a software that can translate whatever is written next to a picture to your native language. The Lumia users have their phones programmed to translate up to 39 languages! How cool is that. This app probably can be useful in restaurants and can also help children with their language assignments from school.
- The Windows phones have the ability to identify music magically. With this inbuilt application, one can just click on the search button then to the music note icon and then move the phone towards the source of the unidentified music and your phone will do the magic of telling you the person who sang the song and a link that allows you to buy the song on the Windows app store.
- Windows phones (Lumia) have very customizable start screens which allow you to only put what matter to you most on your screen. At a glance, one can check on emails, text messages, call logs, favorite web pages, and even favorite games. All these can be laid gracefully on the innovative window tiles which can also be customized according to size e.g. if you are fond of texting then you will need the messaging tile to be bigger than maybe call logs, if you are not a fan of making phone calls.
- Responding to a phone call with an SMS – This is not a new trick, but most people don’t think that it is possible with the new Windows 8 mobiles. During a call, just press the text reply button and type in your text and send, or you can use the default messages available on the phone’s internal memory. To create your own responses, go to settings, applications, then phone, then click edit replies.