Your phone battery is the most essential part of your phone since it is responsible for powering up of your device despite the make or model you are using. The mobile batteries come in different makes and the most common ones are the rechargeable ones with the Lithium-ion batteries being the most common.
The mobile batteries being rechargeable need to be charged once they are discharged. The continuous charging and discharging may wear out the battery after sometime, but how a person handles his or her phone also matters. Here are tips on how to save your phones batteries:
- Reduce the screen brightness – Whichever phone you have, you can always decide to reduce the phone’s brightness because the brighter the screen, the more battery it eats up. Minimizing the brightness of the screen can help in battery conservation at all times. Alternatively, there are other devices that have the auto brightness option e.g. the iPhone which has the ambient light sensor that adjusts the brightness of the screen based on the light around it. This makes the phone use less battery power in dark places.
- Close applications running on the background – The modern mobile phones are designed to allow one to open more than one application at a time. This uses up the phone’s RAM and therefore leads to exhaustion of batteries. To preserve phone battery, then one has to close all the running applications whenever they are not in use. It is also advisable to switch off other phone applications for example Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or even location services are required to be off when not in use because they not only use up the phones data but also the battery hence shortening the battery life.
- In the case of Android users, it is advisable to always to uncheck the background data option. – The background data ensures that all the applications are updated in the device and also allows syncing of the phone with various applications. This eats up the phone’s battery and therefore unchecking this option saves the battery life and extends the period between charging.
- Always switch off the phone when not in use – This will somehow appear absurd but switching off the phone when not in use will actually save the battery life or even extend the battery life. Many people do not switch off their phones when they are going to sleep hence, reduce the period between subsequent charging. Continuous charging spoils the battery and therefore, it is advisable to switch off the phone at night or when you don’t need disturbances.
- Switch off vibration – Instead, just apply the use of a ringtone. The vibration function uses extra power.
Finally, it is advisable that when you are charging the battery the phone do it correctly. Use the assigned charger to charge the phone and not any other just because it fits. By doing, this you will extend battery life. Do this to conserve your battery juice!