The Lumia name was derived from the Finnish language bears the meaning of “snow”. The Lumia series produced in 2011 is a line of phones and tablets that are designed by Nokia.
Two companies i.e. Nokia and Microsoft came together and formed a partnership with a long term relationship that resulted to Nokia phones running the Windows phone operating system. The Lumia phones compete favorably with phones with other operating systems like iOS and Android. The Lumia brand has a variety of different phone types attached to it. Here are some of them considered as the best of the best in the Lumia series:
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs
- Lumia 1020 – This is considered as one of the best phones for an above average person with a display size of 4.5 inch. Primary camera sensor size is 41MP with camera flash (xenon flash), one of the best cameras ever seen on mobile device. It has a super sensitive touch screen with a Qualcomm snapdragon s4 processor. It has a powerful batter with a maximum of about 13 hours talk time. This is one of the phones in the Lumia series that implies the art of wireless charging.
- Lumia 1520 – This phone has a primary sensor size of 20MP. If we are to compare the display size of this phone and the Lumia 1020, then Lumia 1520 has a bigger display size of 6 inches with a display resolution of full HD (1920×1080). This phone shares the same kind of processor as the Lumia 1020 that is the Qualcomm snapdragon. It has its maximum talk time when on 3G network set to almost a past 24 hours. This is enabled by a strong battery with a capacity of about 3400mAh.
- Lumia 925 – With a primary camera sensor size of 8.7MP, this phone unleashes a display size of about 4.5 inches (shares the same with Lumia 1020 but slightly smaller as compared to the Lumia 1520). This phone has a Qualcomm snapdragon s4 processor with a maximum standby time when on 3G network as 440hours, 6.6 hours when on music video playback, and 55 hours when on music playback time!
- Lumia 920 – This phone was declared the winner of the end-user business choice award for smartphones according to PC Mag. With a fitted Carl Zeiss lens the camera (with a main camera sensor of 8.7MP) holds a 4.5 inch pure motion HD+ display. Best of all, this phone also employs the art of wireless charging and comes with a range of Qi-compatible chargers to select from. It has a Qualcomm snapdragon processor (Dual-core 1.5 GHz).
- Nokia X – This is the latest of the Nokia phones. Nokia X and Nokia X+ were introduced in 2014 as being the first Nokia phones to run the Android operating system. This phone is known to be better than the Asha series. The device is known to be dual sim-card phone with a dual core snapdragon processor, 512MB of RAM, and a 4GB internal memory space. It runs Android version 4.4.1 (kit Kat) and has a 5MP camera. It has a fairly big display of about 854×480.