We spend a lot of money on our mobile devices, so it is only reasonable to want to keep them safe from people who want to steal them.
Here are some tips to help keep your smartphone or tablet device safe from thieves.
Don't Miss: How to Pre-order Nintendo Switch
- Customize Your Phone – One of the easiest ways to help protect your smartphone or tablet is to make it easy for you to recognize. A bright or colorful case, unique wallpaper or lock screen image, and other personalization will make it easy to pick your smartphone out of a crowd since nearly everyone owns at least one mobile device these days. If you recognize your unique smartphone case, you may be able to stop a thief before he or she gets away. In addition, clever thieves may try to avoid smartphones that look unique for fear that they will be easily caught.
- Protect Your Data With a Passcode – Even if your smartphone itself is not stolen, snooping people may still use your phone to obtain personal information they can use to steal your identity. Keep yourself safe by protecting your phone with a passcode that only you know. It is also advisable to change it regularly in case someone figures it out. Saving important information on your smartphone or tablet may not be very safe either – you should also make sure to back things up in secure locations and only keep what is absolutely necessary. Identify theft can be a very devastating crime to have happen to you.
- Try Find My iPhone – Apple’s Find My iPhone is a great tool that you can use for locating a lost or stolen iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. As long as you have the Find My iPhone option enabled (found under Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services) on your mobile device, you can track it. Simply use the Find My iPhone app on another Apple device or pull up the Find My iPhone website on your PC’s internet browser and log in with your Apple ID. Then you can locate your device on a map, make it play an alert sound or display a message. If for some reason you cannot reach your iPhone or view it on the map, you have the option to lock the device and/or completely wipe all of your personal data.
- Use Android Device Manager – There are actually several apps available on the Google Play Store that can help you keep track of your Android device. Google’s official version is called Android Device Manager. It works very similarly to Apple’s Find My iPhone.
- Watch Where You Place Your Device – It sounds very simple, but it is one of the most effective ways to prevent your smartphone or tablet from being stolen. Keep your device within your reach and in your line of sight at all times. Do not allow strangers to use your phone.
Hopefully, you will use the tips listed here to keep your smartphone or tablet devices safe from thieves!