Let’s face it, you will eventually drop your smartphone. No matter how careful you are, it will happen sooner or later.
Here are some of the best smartphone cases out on the market.
Don't Miss: Hottest CES 2017 Announcements
- Apple iPhone Cases – The obvious downside to Apple iPhone cases is the limited models supported – unless you have an iPhone, your phone probably is not going to fit into one of these cases. They can also be a bit pricey because they are only sold through Apple. However, they are very well-made and come in a wide variety of colors and styles.
- Case-Mate Barely There – For those of us who like the natural design and shape of our smartphones, Case-Mate’s Barely There case is perfect. It provides protection without the bulk and also comes in a wide variety of colors with the added option to create a custom image. Unfortunately, it does not protect your phone as well as some of the other cases out there.
- Incipio STASHBACK – Incipio provides gorgeous cases that can really make your smartphone stand out. One of the coolest models is the STASHBACK.The bottom of the STASHBACK phone case flips open to reveal your hidden cards! You can fit up to 3 credit/debit or identification cards and protect your smartphone at the same time. The STOWAWAY model does a similar thing with the added bonus of an integrated stand for hands-free watching, but it is more difficult to plug your connector cable into it due to the design of the case.
- LifeProofSkinitSkinCard – Combine water proof, dirt proof, shock proof, and snow proof and you get a smartphone case that is essentially life proof. That is the idea behind LifeProof’s line of smartphone cases.Their partnership with Skinit allows you to choose the color and design of your case, making this a very popular model.
- OtterBox Commuter – OtterBox specializes in durable smartphone cases. They have a range of cases that offer varying levels and methods of protection. The OtterBox Defender offers the best in smartphone protection, but the OtterBox Commuter is a healthy mix of protection and device accessibility. The only real downside is that OtterBox cases can also be a bit bulky. However, when it comes to full protection of your device, OtterBox cases cannot be beaten.
- Speck Candy Shell – Speck’s cases have a reputation for stylish yet professional designs. Their Candy Shell line of cases protects your smartphone with a shock-absorbent rubber on the inside and a hard polycarbonate exterior. The case even has little rubber bumpers on the outside corners to prevent damage from dropping your phone. Speck has created several different varieties of Candy Shell cases such as the Candy Shell Flip (its bottom flips back for easy docking), Candy Shell View (has kickstand that folds back) and the Candy Shell Grip (features finger pads to hold it tight).
If you like to keep your smartphone in your purse or pocket, it can get scratched by other objects or surfaces. So what can you do? Buy yourself a good smartphone case to protect your device.