Are portable power banks all good? Named are the advantages and disadvantages of portable power bank usage.
Oftentimes, people will opt for the most popular smartphone even if it means that their battery life will be compromised. These days, a short battery life isn’t the problem that it used to be anyway, now with the availability of portable power banks being more widely distributed in accessory making companies.
The Advantages of Using a Portable Power Bank
- Great when you don’t have any electricity or access to a plug.
- Their batteries are high powered and can charge very quickly but still provide your device with a full charge, sometimes even twice or thrice or more depending on power capability.\
- It attaches to a USB port and so can be re-charged through a laptop, or while in the car. This USB port also provides compatibility with any device as long as they have standard ends.
The Disadvantages of Using a Portable Power Bank
- Having a power bank is also having a means at preventing something you do not like, which here is letting your battery drain. Some people have the tendency to plug smartphones into power banks even when the batteries do not need re-charging yet and with prolonged excessive use, this could actually lead to making the smartphones battery life run shorter than it already did.
- For good quality power banks that can charge a smartphone to 100%, prices will be high.
- There are power banks that are really heavy and bulky. Sure they may give you all your battery needs, but if they are not conveniently shaped, they might be awkward to bring around.
- Portable power banks are batteries themselves and will also need charging. Besides your smartphone, your tablet, laptop, you might even have portable Wi-Fi, do you really want to add a power bank to the list of things you need to plug in to a wall at the end of a day? Too many wires.
- Using your phone while it is attached to a power bank is tricky. Power banks will usually have very short cords (2-3 inches) which means that you need to hold both that and your phone if you want to use it. This can make your grip less than needed to keep everything in.