Getting around has always been the bane of everyone’s life at one point or another. Whether you are on your way to the first day at a new job, exploring your college campus, or just new in town, then getting around could be made a lot easier with the help of GPS.
Many people have GPS apps on their smartphones for added convenience when we need to find a certain specific something. But with so many GPS apps now available, making a bad decision comes way too often. Here we name the best GPS apps of both Android and Apple.
Don't Miss: How to Find NES Classic at Target Stores
Best Android GPS Apps:
- Sygic GPS Navigation Maps – this is the most popular Android GPS navigation app because of its likeness and partnership with Tom-Tom. It speaks street names, measures distance, and even has speed camera warnings. The Sygic GPS Navigation Map has garnered over 30 million downloads and can be available for you (if you have an Android) for free.
- GPS Status Toolbox – this GPS is multipurpose; for driving it is able to display acceleration speed as well as position. It has a functionality that quickly shares your location to family or friends in case of an emergency which is a really awesome feature. Also, it is equipped with a magnetic compass for people that like hiking or camping. The GPS Status Toolbox will send you regular map updates and is also free.
- GPS Tracking Pro – GPS Tracking Pro displays images on a map that helps you find any specific person and lets you see who is closest to your location. This kind of app would be really handy for parents who want to keep track of their kids.
- Find My Friends – this is the ultimate socialization GPS. It displays images on a map and has an option that lets you say what you are doing at that location. If you are meeting up with some friends somewhere, Find My Friends will give you directions to that exact location and when you get there you can help your other friends by linking them to the location as well. Afterwards, you can check and see if all your friends made it home safely.
Best Apple GPS Apps:
- Google Maps – available to you for free, Google Maps can sue voice activation and is available to you for when you are driving or walking. It has view choices from the standard Google Maps functionality such as street and satellite view for better navigation.
- Scout by Telenav – this app is known for its simplicity in use. It has the standard Satnav functionalities such as keying in an address and routing, it speaks street names and uses bold colors for the map’s simple navigation.
- Waze – also a general GPs app for wither driving or walking. Has voice navigation for directions. This app can also report incidents on the road that you might want to avoid.
So there you have it! The best GPS apps for either Android or iPhone the leading operating systems in the smartphone industry. No more having to download-try-delete and repeat.