2014 NFL Draft rankings are heating up across multiple sports media outlets. The draft will commence from May 8-10 at Radio Music Hall in New York City.
2014 NFL Draft rankings are heating up with just two weeks left before the big event.
For instance, NFL.com's Charles Davis' Top 10 has South Carolina Gamecocks defensive end Jadeveon Clowney going No. 1 overall to the Houston Texans:
1. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, Houston Texans
2. Greg Robinson, OT, St. Louis Rams
3. Khalil Mack, OLB, Jacksonville Jaguars
4. Sammy Watkins, WR, Cleveland Browns
5. Jake Matthews, OT, Oakland Raiders
6. Taylor Lewan OT, Atlanta Falcons
7. Mike Evans, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8. C.J. Mosley, ILB, Minnesota Vikings
9. Eric Ebron, TE, Buffalo Bills
10. Aaron Donald, DT, Detroit Lions
Meanwhile, Scout, Inc. (via ESPN) lists its own Top 10 with the corresponding grades:
1. Jadeveon Clowney, 98
2. Greg Robinson, 97
3. Khalil Mack, 96
4. Sammy Watkins, 96
5. Jake Matthews, 95
6. Taylor Lewan, 94
7. Mike Evans, 94
8. C.J. Mosley, 93
9. H. Clinton-Dix, 93
10. Eric Ebron, 93
In a related development, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell revealed to NFL Media's Jeff Darlington the league is considering extending the draft length from three to four days, per Darlington's colleague, Chris Wesseling.
Goodell said,"We're looking at a lot of options with respect to the draft to create even more excitement around the draft."
Wesseling also emphasizes the draft will retain its current seven-round structure regardless of it being a three- or four-day event.
As for this year's draft, the New York Jets have the most number of selections with 12 while the Indianapolis Colts have the fewest with five.
The 2014 NFL Draft will be from May 8-10 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
For more of the hottest sports news, check out Sport Balla today.