If you’ve got a long drive ahead of you, then better prepare something else other than sandwiches and bottles of water – unless you want cranky kids to deal with in such a small space.
- Sunday Drive– aptly named. When used on long drives, this app can be great for inching you slowly to your destination by giving the kids short term things to look forward to. It works by pointing out landmarks or scenic routes along the way where you could possibly stop, let out some steam, and stretch your legs.
- Mom Maps – being out of town can be a lot of fun, but the downside to it can be that you may not know where to go for a ‘break from your break’ or for when you have some downtime from all the shopping and sightseeing. Mom Maps allows you to locate the nearby child friendly areas such as parks and playgrounds.
- Rest Area Finder– this is a great app to have fi you have older kids who will appreciate a break every now and then from long drives. Stretch your legs, have a bathroom break, and maybe even some snacks with this rest Area Finder app that helps you track down all the stops that can offer these services.
- Sit or Squat – similar to the rest area, finer but more interactive in the sense that when downloaded onto your phone as an app, you will be able to rate that stop. Ratings will be seen by other users as will their ratings be available to you so you can see whether a rest stop may be great or a complete waste of time. Also, Sit or Squat tells you whether a rest stop is closed for the day or open.
- Pack and Go Deluxe – another app great for the whole family. Costs $1.99 but can be used by everyone. The Pack and Go Deluxe gives you access to pre made packing lists in order to ensure that nothing is forgotten, especially nothing important. Use this app to make the base of your packing and just add what you want to and you can rest assured that that annoying nagging feeling that you forgot something won’t ever come.
- Gate Guru – airports these days, no matter where you go, can be huge. And can be especially hard to navigate if you are overseas and all the labels are in a foreign language. Gate Guru is like an in airport GPS where it can point you out to bathrooms, rest areas, Wi-Fi hotspots, and in airport recreational activities.
Traveling should be fun! It shouldn’t be a hassle or difficult at all, so make sure that you make your trip as comfortable as possible with a few of these apps that have been proven to help.