Role Playing Games (RPG) can be really fun and addictive. You get to use an alter ego and no one knows who you are. People who play RPG’s often find it dull or boring to go out, why should they when they already have all the fun and friends on their computer.
RPG’s can be played through smartphones too and whether you are an avid RPG fan or just need something to help pass the time on your way home from work or school, these top RPG apps might interest you.
Don't Miss: Best Gadgets of 2017
- Final Fantasy 5 – available for iOS and Android, this game is highly popular on the internet already and has been re-released for smartphone use. It offers customizable chibi characters, storytelling, and amazing graphics. This game costs $15.99 and is one of the most expensive on the mobile game store but many users have claimed that it is definitely worth every penny.
- Ravensworld: Shadowland – make your own hero and choose a specialty of arrows, swords, hammers etc. and prepare to go on quests to defeat different monsters. Hone your skills and the monsters get even tougher to kill. For your Android or iOS at $6.99.
- Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition – this app brings the very classic favorite game of dungeons and dragons straight to your smartphone with real virtual interaction, scenes, and quests.
- Shadowrun Returns – set in the future, a nice change to the usual epic style applications. This game is set black ops style where you will need to uncover government conspiracies and battle robots and cyborg elves with impressive in game combat styles. Available for Android and iOS at $6.99.
- Dungeon Hunter 4 – in this game, characters take on the role of warriors who take on different skills and use different weapons to save the world. Available for Android and iOS.
- The World Ends With You – a storytelling game set in Japan where you will be put in a boy’s (Neku) body where he will need to battle to save his own life. Accompanied with great story telling, soundtrack, touch screen features, and graphics.
- Knights of Pen and Paper –this game is compatible with iOS and Android and uses cute chibi characters to go on quests battling mushrooms and what not. You can meet the game master and pay him off with pizza and a can of soda. Great for kids.
- Avernum: Escape From the Pit – in this game you are a prisoner thrown out by the mighty empire and you are now free to explore, get into trouble, and find quests. It has retro graphics and is available for iOS and Android at $9.99.
- Soulcraft – this game is available for free for iOS and Android and lets you take on the role of an angel in between heaven and hell that has to battle demons. Inspired by the popular RPG Diablo.
- Oceanhorn – another great one for kids. With chibi characters in a cartoonish and colorful environment, this fantasy game explores a different world of uncharted seas.
There are so many games out there, so much so that you are bound to find one to your liking. Games are made with different people in mind and there is one out there for you somewhere. For the meantime, give these a try.