The Voice was all about music and singing, but it had an additional element of hairstyle makeover this time around. Adam Levine has gone platinum blonde for his role on the popular show. This of course reminds one of several previous attempts by celebrities to depict the “Blondes have more Fun” approach by dying their hair a different color. Meanwhile, the top eight on the show are presented below in all their pros and cons of singing stylistics:
- Sisaundra Lewis: As she sang Tina Turner’s “River Deep, Mountain High” she resonated with the powerful singer’s original number. She is definitely an emerging talent and her rich melodic way of belting out the song means she rocks!
- Josh Kaufman: In the capacity of a member of Team Usher, his potential to lead the rest by their noses when it comes to ballads is remarkable. His refinement is utterly amazing yet something remains to be seen in the overall performance.
- Kat Perkins: Kat sang Daft Punk’s soft flowing number “Get Lucky” with style and panache. The spin she put on it may have lent an even greater edge and raw power to the classic song.
- Kristen Merlin: The way she sang her chosen song was a bit lukewarm in its delivery. Others would concur that it lacked the magic and spark that is normally felt in the eardrums of the audience.
- Delvin Choice: While the song “I Believe I Can Fly” was not a smart alternative, it was done full justice by Choice. The way he performed it, it will always remain a memorable experience in the minds of his fans.
- Audra McLaughlin: She has a very deep and resonant voice that reached the high notes. She reminds one of Gwen Stefani in Hollaback Girl.
- Jake Worthington: He portrays his country and wild hick side once too often. But seriously, he is a top singer in his class and he knows it more than anyone else.
- Christina Grimmie: An artist with an ability to excite the music lovers in us all, Christina has a few surprises up her sleeve.
Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams also performed for the Top 8 singers of The Voice yesterday. Watch below the video of their performance on the Gwen Stefani's hit solo "Hollaback Girl".
Well, that rounds up The Voice recap. Till next time, enjoy the singing and try to stop your ears from ringing!