How one will determine if Samsung’s flagship smart phone works best for them? One might be pondering well to purchase the Galaxy S5 but choosing your next phone can be a complicated process and needs many considerations.
A buyer can rely on reviews, side-by-side comparisons and bench arks to choose. Hence, here are the top 5 reasons why Galaxy S5 might not be the best phone as its manufacturers claim it to be. Consider these arguments why you should not purchase Galaxy S5.
Why Not Galaxy S5?
- Samsung Galaxy S5 is the biggest tech news recently. It is said to be this years’ biggest-selling Android phone. However, before it was announced, people are expecting it to have a 2k- resolution screen. Disappointingly, there’s no dramatic improvement to its screen. It still possesses the 1080p screen, the same resolution like the Galaxy S4. Samsung made improvements to the screen’s calibration that affects contrast and color but it is near identical to the older model. Same Super AMOLED panel technology is also used.
- Also, the display doesn’t have much to offer. Galaxy S5 has a 5.1 inch screen while Galaxy S4 has 5 inches. Each has noticed a big leap on screen technology in Samsung’s last three generations of phones which is apparently missing now with Galaxy S5. This new smart phone needs to appeal to the masses to be at par to the larger Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Mega 6.3 that managed to become a hit.
- Improvements on the processor have slowed down. Galaxy S5 comes in Snapdragon 801, a bit of a stop-gap upgrade and is not too far compared to LG G2’s version of the processor. There are improvements done but were not that much noticeable. If you recall, the leap from Galaxy S3 to Galaxy S4 was really a massive improvement but this time, Galaxy S5 do not have enough to upgrade.
- Samsung resorted to a lot of “extras” because of the slight improvements in Galaxy S5’s core aspects. The heart rate monitor that sits by the camera lens on the back of the phone does not really offers convenience on monitoring your heart rate. Based on its positioning, you cannot really use it in monitoring your heart rate while running. There are other normal phones that also provide the same sort of app. iPhone and other Android-powered phones uses the camera sensor to calculate heart rate and actually work. Another novel addition is the fingerprint scanner. The app is not as quick and as convenient as the iPhone’s Touch ID sensor.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 may seem fine in terms of practicality. It provides better grip compared to Galaxy S4 because of its soft touch surface. However, the look is not convincing. It has adopted Galaxy Note 3’s ridged plastic chrome sides and created an odd style for its rear. The style is not appealing at all.
There’s a possibility that you are doing your homework before shelling out for your next potential phone. Bear in mind these things before leaping for this Samsung’s newest darling.