The Onset Accident Crushed The Actors Foot and Ankle
Harrison Ford suffered what appears to be major injuries following an onset accident earlier last week. The actor has been in the hospital since the injury with rumors speculating that he may end up needing to have a pin or plate inserted into his lower leg to correct the damage he sustained during the incident.
Access Hollywood has new details on the 71-year-old actor's ankle injury he suffered on the set of "Star Wars: Episode VII" on Thursday.
The actor will be recovering from his ankle injury for eight weeks during the filming of 'Star Wars'.
Harrison Ford, who broke his ankle Thursday, could be forced to miss nearly two full months of shooting the new Star Wars film while his injury heals, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Ford, who is reprising his role as Han Solo in J.J. Abrams upcoming installments in the Star Wars franchise, was rushed from the set to a hospital after a door on the Millennium Falcon, the character's iconic spaceship, crushed his ankle.
Access spoke to Harrison's son, Ben Ford, who said that his dad will possibly need a plate and screws put into his ankle.
The actor's son also speculated that filming of the J.J. Abrams movie could be altered slightly, with the crew needing to shoot the actor from the waist up for a short time until he recovers.
As previously reported in an Access Hollywood article the actor suffered injuries during an on set collapse that injured him.
“Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of ‘Star Wars: Episode VII,’” Disney/Lucasfilm said in a statement to Access Hollywood on Thursday.
Despite the 71-year-old actor’s injury, filming on the highly anticipated film will not be stopped.
“He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates,” the statement about the actor who is reprising his Han Solo role continued.
Don't Miss: iPhone 8: Everything You Need to Know
Ford is just one of many stars from the original trilogy who have returned to play the roles they immortalized. Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew and Anthony Daniels have all come back for the upcoming film.