The cell phones are considered a very personal device. Therefore, its security is of utmost concern. A lot of confidential information like phone contacts, text messages, photos and videos, etc can be at stake of leakage or vulnerable to any unauthorized access.
There are chances that users might forget their phones at some cafes, bars, and restaurants, etc. where the devices can be misused. In such scenarios, there is a need of some sort of protection for your phones. The lock screen in such circumstances can act as your mobile phone’s firewall which protects your mobile from unauthorized access.
Don't Miss: Amazon 12 Days of Deals
Android Mobile Phones Lock Screen
The Android phones provide strict security features at its lock screen. The users have the choice to use as many as 6 different lock screen patterns. The security level for all these 6 options is different. There can be a little bit of difference in the lock patterns for non stock devices as compared to the stock devices.
Accessing Lock Screen Options
In order to access the security options of your Android mobile phone, go to Setting -> Security. The first thing that you will see in your security screen will be the Screen lock option which is located at the top right of your screen. Tapping the screen lock option will let you access the lock screen display.
The 6 different Android Lock Patterns:
Following are the 6 different Android Lock screen patterns for security of your phone:
- None – Just as the name suggests, no type of security is enabled on the Android phone. The phone is vulnerable to unauthorized access and not secure at all.
- Slide Lock – Slide lock or slide to unlock is the most used security option on Android devices. It is commonly used due to the ease of access of the phone. This kind of security option is suitable for those users who think that their phone is less vulnerable to unauthorized access or to be misused. This is not very secure option as the phone gets unlocked by just sliding your thumb across the screen horizontally.
- Face Unlock – This is an advance security option which uses your face identity to unlock the phone. The user sets his face using the camera to be the facial identity of the phone. It is a safe option as nobody other than the user can access the phone.
- Pattern Unlock – It is also a very effective and secure lock pattern which works by drawing a certain set pattern on the screen in order to unlock the phone.
- Pin Unlock – Pin unlock is regarded as the best compromise between security and ease of accessing the phone. The phone can be unlocked only by adding the pin which is preset by the user. The pin can only be comprised of numbers.
- Password Unlock – Password unlock is same as the pin unlock, except that the password can contain a combination of alphanumeric characters.
NOTE: Some Android devices like the Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One Max already have fingerprint scanner as another lock method. Let’s expect more to come in the coming months.
In essence, security is pivotal to prevent your phone from unauthorized accessed. Android devices in this regard are preferable over any other phone due to its intense security levels. You can easily choose the security level as per your comfort and priority.