If you happen to be in possession of an iPhone, it is definite that it is among your most cherished belongings.
This not only because of the amount of money you spent to purchase it and the private information and data that it may contain, but also because of the numerous uses of the phone itself, especially communication with your loved ones and also because it is a very adequate source of entertainment as a result of its games and even the music that you probably stored in it. It is for that reason that it is very important to know the available ways you can use to track it once you lose it.
Don't Miss: Latest Science and Medical Discoveries
- Find My iPhone – This is one of the best ways to track your lost iPhone. This application has the ability to track the path of your lost phone while simultaneously showing you its real time GPS location and at the same time, giving notification to any individual who might have found the smartphone, clearly indicating that it is actually lost. You can use this application using another iPhone or on a Mac. Your log in details will be required as a security measure and in a moment, the location of your particular iPhone will be displayed. If your iPhone has run out of its battery power or even been switched off, the last known location of your lost phone will be shown, since it is off, its current location will not be indicated.
- Where’s My Cell phone – This is a very simple and nice website that will make a call to your phone for you. You will even have the ability to set a timing of when you want the call to be sent or even just make a call to it immediately so that it rings. This makes it easy especially if you feel the location of your lost iPhone is quite near.
- GPS Phone Tracker – This is also a very good alternative for tracking your lost iPhone. This application has the ability to make a record of the specific location of your lost iPhone and it will give you updates of its whereabouts in as frequently as every two passing minutes. This will therefore give you an inkling of how your iPhone ended up where it is in addition to feeding you information about its current location. Extra permissions can be set up for your family members and trusted close friends who will also be able to view the current location of your iPhone
- Social Media – Social media can also be one of the most convenient ways to track your lost iPhone. Letting people know through Facebook and Twitter that you lost your phone may end up giving you vital feedback of its whereabouts in case they stumbled across it.
- Local Law Enforcement – Checking with the local law enforcement agencies might also yield good results. A good Samaritan might have found it and handed it over to the police.
However, it is essential that you take very good care of your own iPhone in order to avoid the hustle of trying to find it.