Menu
Trending: Holiday Gifts | CES 2015 | Super Bowl 2015 Ads More Topics: Apple | Cars | TV Shows | Politics
The Best 2014 Super Bowl Ads

The Best 2014 Super Bowl Ads

CES 2015: LG will unveil its New 4K Ultra HD TV with Quantum Dot Technology

CES 2015: LG will unveil its New 4K Ultra HD TV with Quantum Dot Technology

Budweiser Super Bowl 2015 Ad leaks

Budweiser Super Bowl 2015 Ad leaks

Google Car Initiative to go ahead via Android

Google Car Initiative to go ahead via Android

Sony cancels The Interview Release on Christmas

Sony cancels The Interview Release on Christmas

Marreese Speights Arrested in Tampa for DUI

Aug 5 2014, 6:50pm CDT | by , in News | Latest Sports News

Marreese Speights Arrested in Tampa for DUI
Photo Credit: Getty Images
/* Story Top Left 2010 300x250, created 7/15/10 */ google_ad_slot = "8340327155";

Golden State Warriors forward/center Marreese Speights was arrested on Aug. 5 in Tampa, Fla. on suspicion of driving under the influence (DUI).

Golden State Warriors forward/center Marreese Speights was arrested in Tampa, Fla. on Aug. 5 on suspicion of driving under the influence (DUI).

Warriors insider Monte Poole of CSNBayArea.com wrote more about the development:

"Warriors backup big man Marreese Speights was arrested early Tuesday in Tampa on suspicion of driving under the influence, CSN Bay Area has confirmed.

"Speights, who turned 27 on Monday, was stopped by police officers at 3:44 a.m. Tuesday after failing to yield the right of way upon pulling a black Bentley out onto Kennedy Blvd W from a private driveway. Ofc. D. Bailey 'detected indicators of impairment,' according to the police report, after which Speights agreed to perform roadside field sobriety exercises.

"Speights was subsequently arrested for DUI and submitted breath samples, which resulted in blood-alcohol content measures of .103 and .106. The legal limit in Florida is 0.08.

"Speights' vehicle was impounded and he was jailed before being released on bond (late) Tuesday morning.

"In the wake of the arrest, the Warriors on Tuesday afternoon issued the following statement:

'We are aware or Marreese Speights' arrest this morning on DUI charges in Florida and are in the process of obtaining additional information. As an ongoing legal matter, we will have no further comment at this time.'

"Speights is entering the second year of a three-year contract signed with the Warriors last summer; the third season is subject to team option. He played in 79 regular-season games and all seven playoff games, mostly as a backup power forward but occasionally as a center."

In another development, former Warriors assistant coach Brian Scalabrine announced he will be a Comcast SportsNet New England color commentator for the Boston Celtics via a spoof letter of LeBron James' "I'm Coming Home," per CSNNE.com:

"I'm not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We're not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I'm realistic. I'm only a broadcaster -- what could I really do? It will be a long process, much longer than in 2008. My patience will get tested. I know that. I'm going into a situation with a young team and a young coach.

"I will be the young Comcast SportsNet announcer in the booth next to the legendary Mike Gorman and learn from the greatest color analyst in the game Mr. Tommy Heinsohn. I know that I have a lot to learn but I see myself as a Champion, and I think I can help break down some great Marcus Smart dunks this season.

"I think I can elevate Kelly Olynyk's game by the amount of research I make my interns do before announcing road games. And I can't wait to reunite with Rajon Rondo, one of my favorite teammates. Paul, KG, and Ray may have all left, but Rondo and the White Mamba remain in Boston, at least for now.

"But this is not about the roster or the oragnization. Thinking twice about it, it really is above the organization. Does it get any better than the Celtics? I feel my calling here goes above basketball -- get it...calling...double meaning? They call that a pun. I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously.

"I want kids in Boston, like the hundreds of elementary school kids who have red hair and no chance of making the NBA, to realize that there's no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and work at a bank. That would make me smile.

"Our community, which has struggled. Well, not really. Winning eight championships since 2000 isn't much of a struggle, and I guess the (Boston Red) Sox won last year. I should have known that...where was I? Oh yeah, I want to bring another championship back to Boston. Really, I just want to ride in another championship parade and smoke an overpriced Cuban cigar as a tribute to Red (Auerbach) after we hang banner number 18.

"In Boston, nothing is given. Remember in the movie 'The Departed' when Francis Costello said, 'No one gives it to you. You have to take it.' That was a great scene and a great Boston movie.

"I'm ready to accept the Scallenge. Boston, I'm coming home."

For more of the hottest sports news, log on to Sport Balla today.

You Might Also Like

Read the Latest

CES 2015 News
iPhone 6 and 6 Plus ship times drop to one day

iPhone 6 and 6 Plus ship times drop to one day Apple appears to be catching up with demand for its latest devices

7 hours ago, 11:43am CST

North Korea wants joint investigation with US into Sony hack

North Korea wants joint investigation with US into Sony hack North Korea has even proposed a joint investigation into the attack

7 hours ago, 11:30am CST

Kodak to exhibit at CES 2015

Kodak to exhibit at CES 2015 Making return after 3 year hiatus from event

12 hours ago, 7:00am CST

Kate Upton is Sexiest Woman Alive 2014

Kate Upton is Sexiest Woman Alive 2014 People Magazine voted blonde bombshell Kate Upton the Sexiest Woman Alive of 2014.

12 hours ago, 6:52am CST

Extreme Tech semifinals coming to CES 2015 Challenge helps entrepreneurs bring products to market

12 hours ago, 6:51am CST

Samsung Reportedly Revealing Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 at CES 2015

Samsung Reportedly Revealing 2015 Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 at CES The Korean giant is planning to hit back Apple’s iPad with its new tablets

16 hours ago, 2:33am CST

FBI announces that North Korea Hacked Sony

FBI announces that North Korea Hacked Sony The FBI issued a statement today saying that North Korea is behind the hacker attack on Sony.

1 day ago, 1:32pm CST

ADATA to present Innovative Consumer Products at CES 2015

ADATA to present Innovative Consumer Products at CES 2015 They will unveil World’s fastest DDR4 Memory, USB 3.1, and LED lighting products in the Spotlight

1 day ago, 11:35am CST

BlackBerry gets positive cash flows

BlackBerry gets positive cash flows BlackBerry Achieves Non-GAAP Profitability and Positive Cash Flow for the Fiscal 2015 Third Quarter

1 day ago, 11:19am CST

Sony's CES 2015 teaser features Android TV

Sony's CES 2015 teaser features Android TV The teaser trailer is a slightly odd collection of scenes including a chameleon, a time-lapse of the Paris skyline and...

1 day ago, 11:13am CST

Startups at the International CES 2015

Startups at the International CES 2015 Eureka Park will be the one featuring these startups which total to around 375 at this years CES.

1 day ago, 10:53am CST

CES 2015 also to host Extreme Tech Challenge Semi-Finals

CES 2015 also to host Extreme Tech Challenge Semi-Finals The competition will bring together resources and world-class advisors to the CES 2015 platform in order to help...

1 day ago, 10:46am CST

CES 2015 will also feature ACCESS Twine for Virtual Multiscreen Content Libraries The new ACCESS Twine will be for Virtual Multiscreen Content Libraries at the CES 2015. This will offer a single user...

1 day ago, 8:34am CST

Facebook declines in Popularity among Teens a little more this year

Facebook declines in Popularity among Teens a little more this year The social interaction is losing its popularity due to messaging apps available including Whatsapp and Snapchat.

1 day ago, 8:04am CST

CES 2015: IC Real Tech will debut World’s First 720-Degree Immersive Video Camera It will be viewed and controlled via todays leading mobile devices and also delivers 3D like monitoring experience. The...

1 day ago, 6:57am CST

Game Worn Michael Jordan Shoes sold for $33k

Game Worn Michael Jordan Shoes sold for $33k The right side foot is signed by Jordan along with ‘Best Wishes’ although it is faded now. The shoes were definitely...

1 day ago, 6:45am CST

THX to bring new HDMI tech to CES 2015

THX to bring new HDMI tech to CES 2015 4K Interconnect program to work with 2.0 and beyond

1 day ago, 6:42am CST

Smart Wallet tech coming to CES 2015

Smart Wallet tech coming to CES 2015 NXT-ID to unveil Wocket smart wallet

1 day ago, 6:20am CST

CES 2015 to feature Toshiba's Wide Range of Next-Generation Innovations

CES 2015 to feature Toshiba's Wide Range of Next-Generation Innovations The Toshiba exhibition at the CES 2015 is going to include new concept innovations and solutions for energy, storage...

1 day ago, 6:09am CST

ICANN has been hacked by a Bunch of Phishers

ICANN has been hacked by a Bunch of Phishers Global internet governing body ICANN has just been hacked by a bunch of phishers.

1 day ago, 5:59am CST

CES 2015: ZTE to showcase Voice Controlled Star 2 with an Array of Flagship Devices ZTE launched its flagship smart phone Star 2 in China on Thursday. ZTE is going to showcase an array of flagship...

1 day ago, 5:11am CST

#Instapurge 2014: Instagram deletes Millions Of Followers from Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Beyonce and Many Other Celeb's Accounts An Instapurge of sorts has occurred on Instagram in the current year. And the top 100 accounts have been affected.

1 day ago, 4:15am CST

Google unveils The MPAA's Plan to resuscitate SOPA via Lawmaking

Google unveils MPAA's Plan to resuscitate SOPA via Lawmaking The Motion Picture Association’s plan is to resuscitate SOPA via some lawmaking. Google said that the MPAA tried to...

1 day ago, 2:57am CST

Pepsi Hyped for Halftime campaign pushes Super Bowl 2015 Halftime Show

Pepsi Hyped for Halftime campaign pushes Super Bowl 2015 Halftime Show Pepsi has already geared up their Super Bowl 2015 campaign for the Pepsi sponsored Super Bowl 2015 halftime show...

1 day ago, 2:18am CST

Google Car Initiative to go ahead via Android

Google Car Initiative to go ahead via Android Google is taking an initiative in its quest for a car and it is to go ahead with it via Android facility.

1 day ago, 1:50am CST

The Funniest Commercials of the Year 2014 Airs Tonight on Spike TV

The Funniest Commercials of the Year 2014 Airs Tonight on Spike TV The Funniest Commercials of the Year 2014 show will be hosted for the first time by Gabriel Iglesias.

2 days ago, 9:04am CST

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is $39.99

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is $39.99 Today Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is on sale for $39.99 for Xbox One, Sony PS4, Sony PS3 and Xbox 360.

2 days ago, 7:59am CST

Sony cancels The Interview Release on Christmas

Sony cancels The Interview Release on Christmas The decision was made after multiple theaters refused to screen the movie. Sony Studios has expressed its dismay over...

2 days ago, 7:58am CST

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus