Great White Shark Attacks A Man In Australia

Posted: Oct 2 2014, 8:38am CDT | by , Updated: Oct 2 2014, 9:29am CDT, in News | Other Stuff


Great White Shark Attacks a Man in Australia
Credit: Getty Images
/* Story Top Left 2010 300x250, created 7/15/10 */ google_ad_slot = "8340327155";

In Wylie Bay, Western Australia a 23 year old surfer named Sean Pollard lost both of his arms to a Great White shark.

At Wylie Bay, a popular surfing spot in Western Australia, a surfer suffered severe damage to both of his arms when a Great White shark attacked him. The size of the shark was reported to be 3 to 4.5 meters long.

In 2013, an abalone driver was also attacked by a Great White shark in the Kelpids Beach in Wylie Bay near Esperance. This is the same spot where this 23 year old surfer lost both of his arms to a Great White shark.

The person who alerted St John’s Ambulance regarding the accident said that the man has lost both of his arms and he was in severe pain. According to a spokesman, the young man has suffered severe trauma because of the shark attack.

According to Surf Life Saving WA, a Great White shark was sighted near the West Beach Dalyup near Esperance on the 21st of this month. The size of the shark was reported to be 4m long. Similarly, on 20th September, two large Great White sharks were also spotted east of Wylie Bay at Kelpids Beach. 

Esperance Shire President, Malcolm Heasman, said that all the beaches near this area were closed to the public, and the man’s family has already been informed regarding the attack. 

He also said that the shark activity in Wylie Bay had been increased in the last few weeks. Moreover, he said, “I got a phone call from someone a fortnight ago...,” informing me regarding the “increased shark activity.” 

Heasman also informed the audience that the man’s girlfriend was with him at the time of the attack and she is also the one who informed the hospital. The Fisheries Department proclaimed that they would try their best to catch the shark, because if the shark is not caught, it will pose a threat to public safety especially during the holidays. 

Although the WA government has decided to abandon the controversial shark cull, the spot where the man was attacked is not protected by a drum line. 

Source: IBTimes

You May Like


The Author

M. Affan covers the hottest news that captivate the web today.




Leave a Comment

Share this Story

Follow Us
Follow I4U News on Twitter
Follow I4U News on Facebook

You Also Like


Read the Latest from I4U News