Sony has "not caved" to hackers
The defense department for North Korea asserted on Sunday that the U.S. government was "deeply involved" in the making of the Sony Pictures comedy "The Interview" and threatened to "blow up" the White House and other targets in response to their claims.
Buy Now: Sony PlaysStation VR In Stock Here
Last week the FBI said that North Korea was behind the hacking of Sony Pictures, which led to the release of corporate emails and release of movie scripts along with full-length films.
In response to the findings President Barack Obama has stated that he is considering putting North Korea back on the terrorism state list. North Korea was removed from the list by President Bush during the 2008 nuclear talks.
“Nothing is more serious miscalculation than guessing that just a single movie production company is the target of this counteraction,” North Korea said. “Our target is all the citadels of the U.S. imperialists who earned the bitterest grudge of all Koreans.”
“The army and people of [North Korea] are fully ready to stand in confrontation with the U.S. in all war spaces, including cyberwarfare space, to blow up those citadels,” the statement added. "Our toughest counteraction will be boldly taken against the White House, the Pentagon and the whole U.S. mainland, the cesspool of terrorism, by far surpassing the 'symmetric counteraction' declared by Obama."
Sony has been considering possible ways to go public with the release of "The Interview" since the attacks last week. The studios chief executive stated that the company has "not caved" to hackers who released the information. Since then Sony has been considering possible ways to release the movie including posting the full-length film on youtube.
“We would still like the public to see this movie, absolutely,” he told CNN. “There are a number of options open to us. And we have considered those, and are considering them.”