Apple just announced that they made record revenue this year. On January 27th 2015, they announced the financial results for their fiscal 2015 first quarter which ended on 27th December 2014.
Don't Miss: Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need To Know
Apple claims that they made $74.6 Billion. The profit out of this $74.6 Billion is $18 Billion. Their share price has also sky rocketed and now their diluted share costs $3.06. When Apple compared the gross margin, they saw that last year it was 37.9 % and this year it was 39.9%.
The international sales brought in the majority of the revenue and Apple claim it was 65%. The Apple iPhone and Mac were responsible for the majority of the revenue. Whereas the Apple Store didn’t do that bad as well.
Apple earned $74.5m just from the iPhone sales. Tim Cook was really happy with the Apple fans and he said that the demand for Apple products is increasing day by day. He thanked people for an incredible quarter.
He also said that their revenue grew 30% just over the last year. He also thanked his team for playing a vital role in the company’s success. It was due to their brilliant and dynamic thinking that they were able to achieve such greatness. Apple also had an EPS growth of 48%.
The company had to go over $8 Billion on their capital return program claimed the Apple CFO. He also said that the investors had invested $103 billion into the company. Around $57 billion was brought into the company in the last year alone. This shows us that Apple are doing really well and that all of the investors are ready to put all of their eggs in the same basket.
Here are some reasons why Apple made so much profit this year:
Don't Miss: Sam's Club Black Friday 2016 Details
- Apple made sure that their phone screens were large enough and that is why it attracted a lot of people.
- The increased screen size was the main reason why Apple was a success in China.
- Apple made its majority of the profit from sale of iPhones. The iPad sales declined this year and Apple will think twice before starting its production in the upcoming years.
- Android users switched to the iPhone 6 or 6 plus.
- Apple sold 25 million of their Apple TV units.
- They claim over 1 billion iOS devices have been sold.
- This quarter is the most profitable quarter ever for Apple.