The car was unveiled at the GAIKINDO Indonesia International Auto Show in 2015.
The new car consists of a SUV and an MPV. The car is a new generation cross over utility vehicle. The engine is a 1.5 litre i-VTEC engine. The car can enhance fuel economy and the driving performance. The Honda BR-V will first be marketed in Indonesia.
The car will enter the market in early 2016. Gradually the Honda BR-V will be introduced in other markets. The world premiere of the car was carried out by the COO. Noriaki Abe is Chief Operating Officer for Regional Operation. The first presentation occurred at the Honda Booth.
The World Premiere of the Honda BR-V Prototype was presented by Noriaki Abe, Chief Operating Officer for Regional Operation (Asia and Oceania) of Honda Motor Co., Ltd., together with Kusnade Budiman, President Comissioner of PT Honda Prospect Motor (HPM), and Tomoki Uchida, President Director of PT Honda Prospect Motor.
According to Abe Honda first started doing business in 1971. Honda has been increasing in importance in the country every year. The new Honda will contain 7 seats. The company will keep on making more exciting cars like the Honda BR-V.
For customers in Indonesia driving will now be a joy. The car was designed and built to cater to the needs of Indonesians. The Honda BR-V will also become the major attraction at car show this year.
“Honda started business in Indonesia in 1971, and the importance of this country for Honda’s auto business has been increasing year by year,” Abe mentioned in his remarks. “With the all-new 7-seat BR-V and the rest of the Honda line-up, we will continue to offer exciting products and the joy of driving to our customers in Indonesia.”
Meanwhile, Uchida said, “Honda BR-V was developed to fulfill the needs of Indonesian customers. We believe Honda BR-V will be greatly received by customers in Indonesia and become the main attraction in this year’s motor show.”
The price tag for the Honda Br-V will be Rp. 230 to 265 million in Indonesia. The bookings for the Honda will start from the GIIAS onwards. The manufacturing of the Honda BR-V will start in January 2016. The HPM’s Karawang factory will produce the Honda BR-V vehicles.
Key Features of All-New BR-V
- High ground clearance
- Big roof rails for all grades
- LED connected tail light design in C-character
- New 16 inch aluminum wheels
- Class-leading spacious and comfortable cabin with additional knee room and head room
- Advanced features such as Multi-Information Display
- Rear air conditioner between the first and second row seats to expand air flow to all areas
Engine and Transmission
- 4-Cylinder 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine
- 120 horsepower @ 6,600 rpm and maximum torque of 145 Nm @ 4,600 rpm.
- New 6-speed Manual Transmission
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) under Honda’s “Earth Dreams Technology”
Don't Miss: Incredible Pokemon Gifts
- Dual and Front SRS airbag
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Front 3-Point Load Limiters with Pretensioner ELR Seat Belt and ISOFIX