Chipotle is facing even more problems after the E. coli outbreak that hit several states and ended up closing many of the chain's location. The Mexican restaurant was infecting people with E. coli and now they are getting sued by at least two people. Jessica Ellis of Mount Vernon, Washington and Chris Collins of Lake Oswego, Oregon, filed federal lawsuits on Friday, according to Fox News.
Health officials believe more than 40 people were sick with E. coli after they ate at the restaurants. More than 40 locations closed in Washington State while the authorities search for the cause of the outbreak. Four of the people who got sick needed to be hospitalized.
So far, the E. coli doesn't seem to be a nationwide or even a statewide issue. The Chipotle restaurants associated with the E. coli outbreak are in Vancouver, Seattle, Kent and Burlington, health officials said Friday - so it might be from an individual supplier.
Ellis, who is 28, had a chicken burrito bowl on October 22 and started to experience sharp pains and gas on October 28. She ended up in the emergency room within a few days and ended up missing her vacation plans to visit Hawaii she said in her suit.
Some of the people who were sick were actually children aged 8 and 14, both of whom were in Seattle Children's Hospital for a week.
Another woman filed a lawsuit on Tuesday after she too ate a burrito bowl and became sick.
Don't Miss: Incredible Pokemon Gifts
So far officials haven't been able to locate a reason for the outbreak, and the locations will stay losed unitil they can figure it out.