Considering the fact that notifications are fast becoming the tool people to update others to their newest status, Facebook today launched Notify, a new app that delivers timely notifications to peoples’ phones from the media sources they trust and choose.
Don't Miss: Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need To Know
Regardless of your interests – sports, business, entertainment, games, news, shopping, or whatever, you can learn what is currently going on in these categories after subscribing to them via Notify. The app notifies from various categories or “stations” which may include –
- Game summaries on certain teams from Fox Sports’ Final Scores
- Daily weather forecasts from The Weather Channel’s Daily AM Forecast
- Latest trailers and hottest movies from Fandango’s Hot New Trailers
- Daily news headlines from Fox News and CNN among others
- Best dressed celebs from Vogue’s 10 Best Dressed station
- Daily meditation exercises from Headspace’s Daily Meditation
- This-day-in-history images from Getty Images’ Flashback station
You only need to choose the stations you desire to provide you with updates and you are good to go. These sources will notify you of events as they become available, and Notify app also provides you with a list of suggested stations based on your Facebook profile.
The Notify notifications are delivered to your lock screen, and you swipe or tap it to open the app in order to read the complete article, view the site, or watch a given video. Notifications can also be shared with friends and contacts through email, text, and social networks from your lock screen. You are also free to add any notifications to your Saved Notifications list so that you read it later.
How To: Buy a Pokemon Go Plus
A large list of sources is ready to notify you of their events as soon as you’re up with the Notify app on your phone. It is only available for iPhones in the US for now and the Notify app can be downloaded from the App Store, but it is expected to become available in other countries by next year.