Science news outlet EurekAlert! revealed the top 10 most popular research publications.
EurekAlert!, a science news service operated by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) has published its top 10 most popular science news releases in 2015, and the list makes for the most popular and most shared science news items on EurekAlert! since the beginning of January 1 to December 15 this year.
Don't Miss: See the first leaked Black Friday 2016 Ad
Comparing this list of the top 10 most popular science news release with that of last year, analysts find that 2015’s top 10 trending new releases enjoyed 26% more page views than that of 2014; and the topmost news release for this year got 42% more page views than that of 2014.
Here below are the top 10 most popular news releases for 2015 on EurekAlert!
1. Missing link found between brain, immune system -- with major disease implications
Published in journal Nature by University of Virginia Health System
2. Sperm carries information about dad's weight
Published in the journal Cell Metabolism by Cell Press
3. The infant gut microbiome: New studies on its origins and how it's knocked out of balance
Published in the journal Cell Host & Microbe by Cell Press
4. The first ever photograph of light as a particle and a wave
Published in the journal Nature Communications by Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
5. The least religious generation
Published in the journal PLOS ONE by San Diego State University
6. NASA measures India's deadly flooding rains
A NASA data published by the NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
7. Optimistic people have healthier hearts, study finds
Published in the journal Health Behavior & Policy Review by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
8. Children born in the summer more likely to be healthy adults
Published in the journal Heliyon by Elsevier
9. Cannabis consumers show greater susceptibility to false memories
Published in the journal Molecular Psychiatry by Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
10. Teen cannabis users have poor long-term memory in adulthood
Published in the journal Hippocampus by Northwestern University
A total of 727,000 pageviews was recorded with the 10 most popular news releases and they were shared 5,500 times on social media channels. A total of 340,233 news releases were shared via social media platforms in 2015, almost 10x of what was shared in 2014.
How To: Buy a Pokemon Go Plus
EurekAlert! was found in 1996 by the AAAS, which was in turn founded in 1848. An independent online science news service, thousands of news reporters and individual consumers rely on EurekAlert! for quality news from top research organizations around the world.